Chapter 8 (Pt. 3)

I've uploaded my works on Dreame and Inkitt Please support me there, because I don't know whether my account will stay on wattpad for long.

Just to be safe, I've created accounts on Inkitt and Dreame and I've an Instagram account too.

username for all is comicsthinker (pm for links)

follow my backup incase something happens to this account comicthinker

Playlist - Back To You by Selena Gomez

Astoria

Oh, Chase did give me an alternate solution to my problem, but the more he spoke, the more aggravated Axel got.

My eyes moved back and forth as I watched the two friends.

"Gee, thanks for your advice, but she'll pass." Axel said through gritted teeth.

"Since when did you start speaking for her?" Chase egged him. "I'll listen to Astoria, not you."

Two pairs of eyes fell on me. I felt like a deer caught in headlights. I wanted to channel a confident, nonchalant spirit in my body that knew how to thrive, bring out its best under the limelight.

Stuck being the centre of attention and my audience contained my ex-boyfriend, now friend and his best friend. I was starting to rethink my decision of ever entertaining Gina and her lame attempts of riling me up.

I dropped my head and the bottom lip I didn't realize I had been biting was touched by Axel's elongated fingers. He freed my lip. His touch sent shivers down my spine. I was suddenly very aware of a pair of curious eyes carefully watching us.

Get a grip, Astoria.

"I'll have to think about it," I told Chase, and met Axel's gaze. "If he can help me without causing you any trouble then I'll consider his advice."

Chase had given me a simple solution: He'll take me as his date to the dinner and all Axel has to do is accompany us—until I shove our friendship in Gina's face. The last part was for me to know. I hadn't revealed to either of them why I needed to go to the Senior's dinner in the first place.

I had soon left the garage when I felt the energy had taken one-eighty degree shift and turned hostile. I was too scared to be around Axel when he looked like a caged animal ready to pounce on anyone. More specifically, Chase.

I didn't want to be the reason the two friends fought so I chose to retreat in one piece. It was for the best.

"That'll be ten dollars."

I had completely forgotten that I was standing in a checkout line. I quickly paid the cashier and walked out of the grocery store.

Keeping a leash on my whirlwind thoughts, I plugged in my old ipod and played the same six songs I loved to listen to at every chance I got. Back at home, I busied myself with homework until I heard the buzz of my front door bell.

I frowned. I wasn't expecting anyone to show up and any prospective list of visitors might not get gate entry unless I gave the security a prior heads up. Who could it be?

***

Axel

Leave her alone. I told myself. I should leave her alone. We would never work. Our love was fated for a tragic end if it ever blossomed. I'll only ever make thing harder than they already were.