Bonus Chapter 2 - Taehyung x Jungkook

Start from the beginning

Humph, kids these days are way too pragmatic.

When Jelly was around four, or five years old, she began to like dressing up. She not only liked to doll up herself but for others as well.

Once, Jungkook was reading in the study room. Jelly sat at the side playing with his hand. He did not take much notice of it. When he finished half the book and lifted his eyes, he saw that the five nails on his hand had been dyed five different colors— just like the bright plumes of a rooster's tail.

That very instant, Jungkook had the urge to chop off his hand.

Taehyung step onto the study room carrying a plate of fruits. When he saw Jungkook's brightly-colored claws, he burst into laughter. "HAHAHAHAHA!"

Jungkook glared at him. Can't you leave me a shred of dignity?

At night, Jungkook wanted to teach Taehyung a lesson.

While Taehyung was leaning against the headboard and fiddling with his phone, Jungkook snuck onto the bed soundlessly like a hunter closing in stealthily on his prey.

Taehyung suddenly lifted his leg and pressed the tips of his toes against his shoulder, stopping his advance.

Jungkook was slightly startled. He went with the flow and grabbed Kim's ankle, his fingers massaging the latter's smooth skin with languid strokes. His eyes were heated and sparked with mischief. "What's this?"

"Jungkook." Taehyung did his best to hold back his laughter. "Sorry, but I just can't get the image of your pink, green and scarlet nails out of my head."

Jungkook sank back, his head lowered in defeat. He growled furiously, "Jelly, we're now enemies for life!"

Taehyung collapsed onto his pillow in laughter.

......

Taehyung was no longer amused the very next day.

In the morning, the family of three went to Wetland Park and had a wonderful time. In the evening, they bought some ingredients on the drive home. Jungkook's cooking skills had improved vastly over the years. Both Taehyung and Jelly loved eating the dishes he cooked.

When they were home, Jungkook began bustling in the kitchen. Taehyung took two bulbs of garlic and began peeling them while watching television in the living room. Jelly stood on the sofa and bumbled around him, taking several hair ties and fiddling with Taehyung's hair. Taehyung's attention was on the drama plot and did not pay much attention to it.

After a while, Jungkook yelled from the kitchen, "Taehyung, we're out of the oyster sauce. Go grab one back."

"Sure." Taehyung picked up his phone and keys and left the house.

When he was out, everyone he saw chuckled no matter who they were. Taehyung felt odd. Though he would often be recognized when he was out, people's reactions were rarely so enthusiastic as they were now. Was there some special occasion that day?

He picked up the oyster sauce and went home. The moment he stepped into the kitchen, he immediately told Jungkook, "Jungkook, is today International Friendship Day or something? Everyone I met was smiling jovially."

Jungkook was stir-frying a dish. He turned and glanced at him when he heard Taehyung speak. Immediately, he looked like he saw a ghost. "You..."

Taehyung was perplexed. "What did I do?"

Jungkook looked down at the wok, utterly amused. "Take a look in the mirror and you'll know why the passers-by were smiling."

Taehyung began to feel an ominous feeling. He put down the oyster sauce and ran to the mirror. He was shocked with one look. Who were that person in the mirror spotting a tiny braid on the top and both sides of his head? As he kept his hair short, the tiny braids were exceptionally perky and attention-grabbing. It looked as if he had three antennas on his head.

The village fools depicted in dramas were not even half as bad!

Who did it? Who else could it be!

Looking in the mirror, Taehyung hollered with rage, "Jelly, we're now enemies for life!" After saying this, he rushed out, ready to deal with Jelly.

Jungkook heard the commotion and rushed over. He trapped Taehyung in his arms and cast Jelly a look.

Jelly immediately pitter-pattered back into her room.

Jungkook patted Taehyung's back gently to calm him. He soothed, "Here, here. It's pretty cute."

"Jungkook, aren't you embarrassed to say that?"

Jungkook hid his smile and patted his head. He said, "I'm telling the truth. You're always cute no matter what."

——

Jelly had one bad habit— she was a picky eater and loved snacking rather than having proper meals.

Taehyung wanted to correct this bad habit and planned to starve her for a couple of meals.

Jelly was still quite stubborn after missing lunch. She refused to admit her wrong and proclaimed that she would never eat proper meals again. Taehyung was infuriated and decided to withhold Jelly's dinner as well.

After getting into bed for a short while, Jungkook murmured Taehyung's name, "Tae? Tae?"

Feeling that he was up to something, Taehyung pretended to be asleep and did not respond.

Thus, Jungkook slipped off the bed with light movements and crept out of the bedroom.

Taehyung did the same and tiptoed after him.

......

Jungkook cooked some noodles and made a tomato salad. He had just placed the dishes on the table when Jelly snuck in with a probing look. She sat at the dining table and, despite already knowing the answer, asked, "Daddy, is this for me?"

"Eat up."

"Thanks, daddy!"

Jelly lowered her head and began scarfing down the food. Jungkook stood beside her and used his hand to fan the sweat beading on her forehead. He said, "Slow down. Are you afraid of getting scalded?"

"I'm hungry."

"Oh, so now you're hungry? You wouldn't have starved if you apologized to your dada earlier."

Jelly was unconvinced. "I'm a kid but that doesn't mean I have no pride!"

"What a headstrong child. Let's pretend to forget about this tomorrow, shall we? Dada will pretend to forget this as well and you'll have to eat properly."

"Okay."

"Jelly," Jungkook looked at his daughter who was relishing the food. He asked, "Is daddy great or dada great?"

"Daddy's great," Jelly replied instinctively.

Leaning against the wall, Taehyung scoffed. His scoff attracted both of their attention. Jungkook looked at Taehyung with awkward embarrassment on his face.

Jelly's reaction was quick. She added immediately, "Dada's even better." She emphasized the word "even" and her eyes took on a resolute shine.

Taehyung walked over and stroked her tiny head. "All right, eat up. Remember to brush your teeth when you're done."

Jelly nodded docilely. "Mm!"

Jungkook felt utterly defeated. In fighting for affection, he had never won once.

—Rock Sugar And Pear Stew: Full Story—

~ Fin. ~