4- DON'T LEAVE ME

Start from the beginning

Maybe because I'm not from this world, that such things are unusual to me. Class system, inequality, owning a person, people abusing their power, killing innocent people like they are toys!

This boy is brainwashed to love me...he is brainwashed to believe that I own him and can kill him if I want to!

I feel ashamed, even though I'm a different person, I'm still in Caroline's body. I feel responsible for making him like this.

I lean down before him and touch his face with my hands.

"Listen Eric...Whatever you have been told to is a lie! You are not my slave! You are nobody's slave and you only belong to yourself! You are only like this because of brainwashing...! you don't deserve any of this! You deserves to live freely with your head held high far away from here...far way from all the things that hurt you...!"

"But I don't want to do that...I want to be yours! I want to stay with you!" He says.

That's right...birds in a cage think that flying is an illness!

"You don't think like that...you are brainwashed to think like that! Once I get rid of your brainwashing you wouldn't hesitate to..."

"Is that what you think?"

I bite my lips. Even though I try to be calm, the truth is death scares me. Eric scares me!

I have to get away from him! I have to push him away as far as possible! That's right this is the best for us. If we stay together it will only hurt the both of us!

"Yeah, that's what I think. I'll give you a new life in a different empire! Study, work hard and do all the things that you want to! But you are not allowed to come back to this empire or get near me!"

"Is this your way of torturing me?"

I'm literally just trying to save myself from you!

I breathe out a sigh and reply, "I'm not. You say this because of your brainwashing..."

A smirk takes over his face.

"What?"

"Hah! You really think that I'll forget everything after the brainwashing is undone?"

"Obviously. The nanny said that whoever gets their brainwashing undone will loose all their memories completely. You are just 13, if we begin the process now, you will completely forget everything by the time you become an adult! And that's what I want. I want you to forget me and live a happy life far away from here!"

Actually I just don't want to die. I can't tell him that I have already read the novel and I know he will kill me in the end.

"And what if that doesn't happen? What if I don't forget you? What if I still love you even after you undo the brainwashing?" He asks so confidently.

"That won't happen." I reply.

"Want to make a bet?"

"What?" I don't understand what he's trying to pull...

"If I don't forget you after the brainwashing is undone, as you say... Then you have to stay by my side forever!" He said with eyes filled with confidence.

Stay by your side forever? My heart drops at those words. Staying by the side of person who is destined to kill me??

No calm down... Everything is okay. I'll surely make this plan works!

"Okay done. But remember you are not allowed to enter this empire in the next 7 years and promise me that you will take care of the Duchess and protect her from her brother in laws who try to seize her property! Become so successful that they can't dare to touch you!" I said.

By 7 years he will easily forget me and become a completely different person then I'll be able to live my life peacefully over here away from him!

In the novel the Duchess of Arguens was a very kind woman who was constantly attacked by her greedy in laws for her property. The poor widow Duchess who had no son or husband to protect her was always vulnerable. She survived so long only because she had the Vorsacks protection. Caroline treated the Duchess as her own mother and sent Eric to protect her. He saved her once from an attack and that made her very impressed,so she adopted him as her son. And after that the duchy doubled in wealth under his leadership. Eric was said to be a very capable man who had become a powerful leader at a very young age. But he had no interest in power, if not for his devotion for Caroline he wouldn't even care about anything.

"Okay, I'll do as you say. But remember your promise Carrie!" He smiled.

"Yeah...I gotta go now. I have to discuss with father about undoing your brainwashing." I said.

I turn around and walk towards the exit. I don't know why but I felt a feeling that something was going to go wrong. I assured myself that everything is going to be alright but a small part of me keeps on doubting.

"Its all useless. I'll always be yours, my beloved." he laughs

I start walking faster.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Read more chapters on my patreon

Link in my bio💖

Thanks!