Chapter 10: Strange Sights

Depuis le début

Cora stumbled slightly, but then followed after her.

"What are we supposed to do?" Leo asked. "You're both blind and I can barely walk."

"I'm worth about the same when I'm not blind, but, uh, generally I assume that when we rescue people, we beat the crap out of whatever took them." Cora said, moving April around to look at Leo.

April huffed, "Besides, it's hungry. I can feel it. It's, like, Mikey hungry. If we don't save them now, they might end up being it's breakfast."

"But what are we supposed to do against that thing!?" Leo demanded. "None of us are in any shape to fight it."

"Do you assume I'd run into danger without some sort of plan?" Cora asked.

"What kind of plan?" April asked.

Cora turned her toward the woods and Leo followed them.

"The kind that involves weird bird-fish-worm mutants exploding." She replied, a grin growing on her face.

Once Cora grabbed her bag of very fun things that go boom, they headed off to the mountain that April told them the bird was at.

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Leo muttered.

"We shouldn't have had to." April told him.

"Yeah, what happened to the guy who took on a frog army?" Cora asked.

"He got injured." Leo told her bitterly.

"Uh, he was injured before that. I would think after all this time that he's at least a little better." Cora huffed.

"I just- I'm not seeing any improvement." Leo complained.

"Yeah, well, this really stupid guy tried to train this absolute klutz once and she didn't see any improvement in herself, but he said, Just be patient. Eventually you'll see some progress." Cora told him, doing a horrible imitation of Leo's voice.

"That's not exactly how I worded it." Leo replied.

"Still good advice." Cora shrugged.

April stopped suddenly.

"What is it?" Cora asked. "Did it eat the guys!?"

"No... but, Cora, you smell..." April trailed off and Cora let go of her.

"April?"

April put her hands up as if she had wings and squawked, trying to bite Cora.

"Ack!" Cora tripped and Leo grabbed April, but then April turned around and tried to bite him too.

"Delicious!" April finished, relentlessly snapping at him.

Cora stood up and tried to grab April, but she ended up just running into a tree.

"April! Snap out of it!" Leo ordered, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her. "April!"

April went into a daze for a moment and then took a step back. "Oh man, Leo. I am so embarrassed right now."