Chapter 9: I'm Here

Start from the beginning

"Did what?"

"Daniel Garrison is my... he's my father, Leo."

Daniel Garrison was murdered by Xander Garrison before he was arrested. His brother Maxim went missing for a week before he was found dead. Someone had bashed his head with a computer repeatedly when he was laying in bed.

A computer sounded like the kind of thing Cora would have with her.

"Cora... I'm sorry." Leo apologized, pushing her hair behind her ear. "But it's okay now."

She nodded. "I know."

Leo stood up, pulling Cora with him. He led her to the window they came up through and then through the quiet house to the kitchen, where he sat her down at the bar.

She watched Leo silently as he moved around the kitchen, easily finding what he needed with the labels Cora had set up. Eventually, he walked back to her with two cups of tea and then the both of them sat down next to each other on the couch.

"Any preferences?" Leo asked quietly, grabbing the remote.

Cora drank the tea and then leaned her head on his shoulder. "Space Heroes."

Leo smiled happily. "I knew you'd have good taste."

He turned on their favorite show and leaned back, draping his arm over her. And not long after, they had both fallen asleep.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

"Should I consider this adorable or disgusting?"

Leo woke up immediately at the sound of Raph's voice, but Cora remained sound asleep. Red spread across his face like a fire and Raph crossed his arms, a smug smirk taking the place of his frown.

"I took a picture by the way." He stated.

Leo glared. "Lower your voice and give me your t-phone."

"And I should listen to you why?" Raph asked.

"Because I'm the leader and if you don't do as I say, I'll make your life a living hell."

Raph raised an eyebrow. "I like this spunky attitude, but Leo, how are you going to stop me from sending this picture to Mikey?"

He pulled out the phone and started clicking things. Leo turned to Cora and tapped her gently. She opened her eyes and sat up.

"I have to take care of something." He told her before suddenly launching off the couch and tackling Raph.

"I already did it!" Raph shouted, laughing as they both rolled across the floor.

"Raph, I'm going to kill you!" Leo yelled.

Mikey came running down the stairs and his eyes landed on Cora, who wasn't sure whether to be confused or amused.

"Cora, help Leo!" Mikey said, tossing her a nunchuck.

She flinched, but caught it and stood up. Raph had pinned Leo down and was laughing at him, so Cora walked up behind him and smacked him upside the head with them.

And the nunchucks weren't your typical kids weapon, so rest be assured, that hurt. While Raph was dazed, Leo took his opportunity and flipped them over, sitting on Raph's shell in triumph.