Chapter 7: Rude Awakening

Mulai dari awal

"I was just eaten." She muttered.

"Yeah. I know how you feel." Leo grinned, holding out his hand.

She grabbed it and pulled herself up. The slime covered floor make a swishing sound as she did so and Cora gagged.

"I'm gonna puke."

"If puke could puke, this would be it." Mikey agreed.

Cora ignored him and headed for the door. "I need a shower or five."

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

In the end, we found out that the momster was a failed infiltration experiment that looked like April's mom and had her memories.

But Leo had more things than April's not-mom on his mind as he walked to Cora's shack. He couldn't decide if she would be more mad at him or Mikey.

While everyone was outside training, Mikey had trashed the place with ice cream, pizza, and his crazy imitation of Crognard. They all got mad at him and told him to clean it, but instead, he ran away.

And while Cora would be furious that Mikey trashed the house, especially since the two of them had been on bad terms since the momster incident. But she would also be mad at them too for being rude to him and making him run away.

Leo knocked the door to her shack and there was a loud thump before she opened the door.

"Yes, Leo?"

"Well, uh, Mikey trashed the house again. And we yelled at him. And now he's missing." He told her nervously.

Cora stared at him for a moment before huffing and walking out. "Well, let's go find him."

Leo sighed in relief and followed after her.

"Do you know where he might have-"

He was cut off by the sound of frogs suddenly charging them. Leo pulled out his swords and pushed Cora behind him as they were surrounded.

The frogs must have been mutated from the mutagen that April's momster spilled.

"Human! Free the turtle!" One of the them ordered, looking at Cora.

"Um, huh?"

"The human reign of terror is coming to an end! Attack!"

"Run!" Leo told her, turning around and kicking away the frogs behind them.

Both of them took off, but the frogs were fast, they jumped after them furiously. Leo picked up Cora and ran faster, straight toward the farmhouse.

Raph was on the front porch with Casey, waiting for Leo and Cora to get back so they could start the search for Mikey. If they had been looking into the trees, they might have seen Leo and Cora approaching the treeline before Leo stepped on a branch with his injured leg and crumpled to the ground.

Leo and Cora cried out, tumbling forward with their momentum and landing next to each other. Leo groaned, holding his knee in pain. Cora scrambled to him and panicked, grabbing his sword with both hands and pointing it at the nearest frog as they surrounded them.

One of them grabbed it with their tongue and pulled it away before another caught Cora's foot and dragged her into their midst.