Chapter 55

Sophia's POV

Smoke was simmering up from the ground where the water extinguished the flames.   As it started to clear I could see bodies huddled on the ground, but no one was moving.   Cranking my neck I focused on each individual to see who was injured and who was okay. 

No one seemed to be moving, it was like they were frozen.   As I approached a group huddled together I noticed the reason why.   Their feet were implanted into the ground.   What the hell?

"Can any of you move?"

"No my Queen.  Our feet feel like they are in cement, we cannot move.  We struggled for several minutes with no success."

All around me hundreds of my pack mates were completely immobile.   They were basically sitting ducks and if Alice was still flying around with her fire balls from hell, they were dead ducks.   So this is how no one was ever able to fight back.   A defenseless opponent was an easily defeated one.   Those spineless bastards!

The earth element was not my strongest power and it would take me about an hour to release them all from their hold.   Vlad and Knox were still battling the two remaining Council members and it looks like they were holding their own but I didn't want to take any chances.   The small amount of guards they did bring with them now laid dead, courtesy of Vlad's guards that were on the stage and not effected by the earth magic. 

Out of nowhere Ella appears by my side, a screaming Raine and Noah followed closely behind.   Shooting me a quick smile she knelt down on the ground and placed her hands on it.   Seconds later the earth loosened and the people were released from their hold.   Cheers erupted as people began to stand up.

As she stood up her little body swayed and they plummeted to the ground as she passed out.   Noah's reflexes were faster and he caught her before she hit the ground.   I screamed out her name as I pulled both her and Noah into my arms.

"Relax my Queen, her body is just exhausted from using that much magic.   She is fine after a few hours of sleep."

"Thank you Raine, please take both of them to their rooms, I want them out of danger."

Quickly Raine took the children from my arms and disappeared.   Breathing a sigh of relief that my angel was okay I decided it was time to finish this.   After instructing those standing around to guard the cage nearby I looked across the yard and could see Vlad and Maximus battling it out with magic.   Now that the people were free they had the ability to run away from danger.  

To my left, Knox and Edgar were currently circling each other.   Blood dripped from both of their massive jaws.  Knox was limping as his back right leg was torn apart.   Edgar was not fairing any better and his side and front leg were injured badly.      It looked like Edgar had the upper hand as he was healing faster.   Well not for long.  

Harry, were are you...I need one of your magic arrows.  

I am too your left and I am sorry my Queen but the Phoenix has destroyed most of our supplies.   I only have a few arrows left but no bows.   I have no way to fire them.

Can you throw one for me, aim towards Edgar. 

Um...My Queen, I am but a small man, the arrow will never make it that far without a bow.

Leave that to me Harry.

Turning up to face the tree line I waited until a saw an arrow heading my way.   He was right, on its own it would never make it.   But it had me to help out a little.

Summoning up the wind the arrow's momentum picked up as it whizzed by my head straight for Edgar.    A powerful roar echoed throughout the forest as I hit my target.   His body shook from the poison on the tip of the arrow but it wasn't enough.

Another one Harry.

Yes my Queen.   And nice shot by the way.

A second time I felt the arrow whiz by my head, resulting in the same outcome.   This time however, Edgar collapsed to the ground as his body shifted human.   Walking over I reached out and petted my mate, checking to make sure he was okay.  

"S-so i-its t-true.  You h-have found y-your p-powers."

"Yes Edgar it would appear so.   You see like I told Helen, you were the catalyst of me running away from Brian that drove me into the arms of my mate.    But it ends here.   James is dead.   Helen has been stripped of her magic and well Alice and her phoenix have parted ways.   Your wolf is now feeling the effects of the wolf bane running through your blood, soon your wolf will be dead.     I would love to spend hours torturing all of you for your past sins, but I am not that type of woman, so don't fret your death will be quick."

Giving Knox a kiss on his snout, Edgar disappeared and joined the others.  

Baby where did he disappear too?

No worries my big strong wolf, he is in a cage where he belongs.   I will deal with them once I have eliminated all threats.

Have I told you how fucking sexy you are when you are in warrior mode.  

Down boy...now is not the time.   But maybe later we can play damsel in distress and the big bad wolf.  Right now Vlad needs our help.

You wound me baby talking like that...but I see your point.

Knox and I both turned just in time to see Vlad fly through the air and hit a tree.   His body falling limp to the ground.   NOOOOOO!

Running I halted as a force knocked me on my ass.   Beside me, my mate was moaning as he shifted to his human form.   Knox, oh god, not my mate...