❥ 𝑻𝑾𝑶

ARTEMIS||

The car ride was like usual, my mom was driving while singing and I was staring out the window, looking at the forest. The tall trees enclosed us, leaving only a dimly lit road to see. It was dark outside and i know my mom is a little frustated that we didn't left earlier.

The academy was kind off far away. Because of the bad quality of the roads and the unfonctional governement, they didn't made any efforts to ease the routes. and currently, it's been five hours and thankfully, we were halfway done.

The academy was very strict on their security, it was located in the middle of a forest and had cameras everywhere outside to ensure the safety of the students. Which was weird because we're literally in the middle of nowhere, what did they wanted to capture? Bears? I swear peopel were getting dumber and dumber.

We had an uniform, which i pretty liked becuase it suited me. We had black bottoms and red blouses. W could still wear the clothes we wanted but we had to wear one piece of the usual uniform, i preffered wearing the skirts with the tops i wanted. I think everybody has the right to decide how they want to dress and also for them dressing appropriately meant no shorts higher than the knees. 

My mom started singing louder and I turned my head towards her, a smile forming on my mouth. I think she sensed that i was a bit hesitant and she wanted to change my mind. Her body moved in a strange way as she sang. She made a fake microphone with her fist and sang as if her life depended on it. I started singing with her too, Ariana Grande was one of my favourite artist.

The rest of the trip went normally, my mother and I singing and laughing.
-
We arrived in front of the very large building, i knew too well. They wanted to look as classy as like Harvard or something because the ceilings were like in castles with some dark brick towers.
The big black windows were all symmetrical and I had to look up to see the whole damn building.

Thankfully, nobody was there, except of the few cars of the students that lived closer. I sighed again, sad that my mom didn't liked me having my car when i was too far away. The principal always wanted us to be there at ten a.m but, b itch who's going to be at school that early only for her to give a long ass speach that lasted forever like she was some kind of president. 

She parked in front of the school before getting out of the car. My mother was already crying. I got out to and hugged her tight. I couldn't help but let a tear fall down my cheek. I quickly hid it before she sees it.

"Oh my beautiful Artemis, I love you so much." Her voice cracked at the end and i wanted to cry with her so much, but instead, I sighed and reassured her. "Mom, everything is going to be okay."

She took her head off my neck before pulling me by my shoulders as she looked at me with a smile. Her brown eyes sparkled as she gave me one last kiss on the cheek.

"I know, but I love you so much and staying home alone is going to be difficult." Her smile faded a bit and she lowered her head. My mom has sleeping problems, she needs to take multiple pills per day and that makes her extremely stressed. She developed severe anxiety when she divorced the man i once called my father.

I lifted her chin and she looked at me again, her eyes filling with tears. "Listen, I'm going to call you very often and I'll send you pictures okay? Plus Lupi will be with you all the time." I wanted to cry at the memories of my beautiful white cat.

Lupi I love you.

She nodded and finally got into the car. I took my suitcases out of the trunk and walked over to the driver's window. "It's going to be fine, I love you." I said before giving her my best smile.