Four

"Ok, now you're the one that has to be stalking me." I say with a laugh when I come out from the dressing room Friday night and find Andy at the bar, a whiskey already waiting at the spot next to him.

"Is it stalking if the person I'm here to see told me that this is the time that they'd be here?"

"Pretty sure it is, but you're the lawyer so you should know the legal parameters. Tell me councilman, would my request for a restraining order based on these occurrences be granted?" I joke.

"Probably not because I would conveniently spill my coffee over it when I was talking to the judge."

"Scandalous. And you're supposed to be representing the good people of Newton when you're in court."

"Just don't tell my boss." We both laugh. "Are you done for the night then?"

"Yeah. I've been here since 4 and it's already midnight Andy."

"Shit! It's that late already?" He asks, looking at the Rolex on his wrist.

"Got a family you need to get home to?"

"Not quite. Just an early morning meeting in the city." He says with a smile.

"Oh gross."

"Not a morning person?" He asks as I finish the rest of my drink.

"Not really." I answer as I grab my bag and he grabs his coat and we walk out, side by side.

I pull my phone out to order an Uber. He notices that I'm not following him to the parking lot. "Everything ok?"

I nod. "Yeah. I had to take my car in to be fixed so I got an Uber to work this afternoon. Gotta order another one to get home."

"Where do you live?"

"Over on Sycamore."

"Wait, you bought the house next door to mine?"

"Unknowingly." I laugh.

"Well then I have to give you a ride. It's right there." We pass the ride with casual small talk and sooner than I expected we're pulling into my driveway.

"Thanks for the ride home Andy." I say as we sit in my driveway.

"Anytime Celeste." I get out and he watches me cross the lawn until I'm inside and I've turned off the light on the porch.

There was a moment there, where I was certain he was going to kiss me. But maybe I was misreading things. Maybe he just needed a friend. I go to push off the door and check on the rest of the house when a knock stops me dead in my tracks.

I turn around and pull open the door. "Andy, what're you-" but he cuts me off with a kiss, his lips sure and strong against mine.

"I had to kiss you. Good night Celeste." He says softly before placing another quick kiss on my lips and walking back to the door.

"Good night Andy." I say with a smile, waving at him as he backs out of my driveway.

...
*Andy's POV*

I crawl into bed that night, careful not to disturb my wife. She rolls over, blinking away some of the sleep. "Andy? Are you just getting in now?"

"Yeah, sorry. Work dinner ran late. Go back to sleep." I assure her before she rolls back over and we both settle in for the night.