Chapter 51 - Abandoned

"Today, in such an important hunt involving all of the sects, you really showed off your abilities, didn't you? One third of the prey have been taken by you. You sure feel pleased, don't you?" Jin Zixun spat.

Lan Wangji's head tilted slightly to the side, "One third of the prey?"

Wei Ying flinched. He suddenly felt himself become vulnerable. It was like he was just scolded by Lan Wangji. He didn't like it one bit.

"A flute melody came from within the mountain, and then all of the corpses and spirits walked into the Yunmeng Jiang Sect's side one by one and surrendered themselves!"

Jin ZiXun, "You care nothing for other people and only care about yourself—is this not presumptuous enough?"

...

"Yup that's me, the most selfish person alive," Wei Ying mocked.

"Hey, don't listen to that moron," Lan Zhan said.

"Sorry, it's just all this was just a shit-show of a conversation," Wei Ying told him.

...

Jin Zixun continued to reprimand Wei Ying, "What you're depending on is just a crooked path. They're not what you're really capable of. You're just playing a few tunes on the flute. How could it count as showing our real abilities?"

Wei Wuxian sounded confused, "It's not as if I tricked or schemed, so why not? You can play a few tunes on the flute as well and see if if any corpses or spirits would like to follow you?"

Jin ZiXun, "With how much you disregard the rules, it's not much better than tricks and schemes!"

Hearing this, Lan Wangji frowned. This is what Lan Wangji didn't want to happen. He didn't want others say such harmful things to Wei Wuxian. But, as he was one who hardly had any social skills, how can he stand up for him?

Wei Wuxian laughed, "Fine, then I don't know what could count as real abilities. Please take it out and win against me so that I can see what it is."

Jin Zixun mocked, "But it's only natural that you don't think you're in the wrong. It's not the first time that Young Master Wei has disregarded the rules. You didn't wear your sword in both last time's flower banquet and this time's hunt. It's such a grand event, and you care nothing for courtesy. In what regard to you hold us, the people who are present with you?"

Wei Wuxian, however, didn't pay him any attention. He turned to Lan Wangji, "Lan Zhan, I forgot to say. Earlier, when you blocked the sword for me, thanks."

Seeing how Wei WuXian seemed to not care about him at all, Jin ZiXun clenched his teeth, "So the Yunmeng Jiang Sect's discipline is nothing more than this!"

Wei Wuxian's smile disappeared at once. He asked, "Discipline?" He turned his head slowly, "A crooked path?"

Lan Wangji's voice was low, "Wei Ying."

Jin ZiXun and the others noticed the unusual atmosphere as well. Holding their breaths, they looked at him.

Wei Wuxian smiled again, "Do you know why I'm not carrying my sword? It wouldn't make a difference if I told you anyways."

He turned around, stating one word at a time, "Because I want you to know that even if I don't use my sword, with nothing but what you call a 'crooked path', I will still rise unparalleled and leave all of you staring at me from behind."