Chapter 6 - Death Takes a Halliwell, part 1

Start from the beginning

Phoebe and Paris rushed over to Prue. "You okay?"

Prue nodded. "Oh, there was this woman and there was a shadow next to her. It had to be demonic."

"A shadow?" Paris asked to her.

"Like, what do you mean?" Phoebe added. "Like a Woogy?"

Prue shook with her head. "No, spookier, way spookier. I think I got pictures though."

"So much for the lattes." Phoebe sighed. "Looks like there's a new demon in town."

"Yeah." Paris nodded.

-----------------------------------------------

Later, they were all back in the manor as Phoebe came down the stairs holding the Book of Shadows, followed by Paris. They heard Leo saying. "Look, I can orb you because you're my wife but I'm not a cosmic taxi for the whole family."

The sisters laughed. "He said wife."

Piper looked at Leo. "Alright, I'm as ready as I'm ever gonna be."

"Wait, what about Prue's demon looking shadowy thingy?" Phoebe asked them.

"Well, I promise we'll be in calling distance if any demon looking shadowy thingy attacks." Leo replied to her.

"That's reassuring." Paris comment.

"Alright, you two, have fun." Phoebe added. "Bring me back a cloud." Then, Piper and Leo cuddled up and orbed out.

Then, Prue walked in carrying some photos. "Pheebs? Paris? I have to get to Morris, see if he can track down this woman."

"Why?" Phoebe frowned.

"What did you find?" Paris asked to her.

Prue sighed. "Nothing, that's the problem. The shadow didn't show up in any of the pictures."

"Really? That's weird." Phoebe put the book down.

"Anything in the book?" Prue asked them.

Just then, the doorbell rings. "No, nothing." Phoebe headed towards the door, Paris followed her, curiously. "I didn't really have a lot to go on though." Phoebe opened the door and there stood Reese Davidson. "Inspector, how can I help you?"

"You can tell me where to find Cole Turner." Reese replied to her. "I know he's alive and I know he's in town."

Phoebe blinked. "Really?"

"Yeah, really." Reese looked at her. "You wanna know how? Because his former landlady was found brutally murdered at this address."

"Mrs. Owens." Phoebe looked in shock. "That's awful."

Reese looked at her. "Awful like you can't imagine."

"Uh, Cole didn't do this." Phoebe reasoned with him. "The Cole Turner I know..."

"The Cole Turner you know." Reese interrupted her. "See, now, that just doesn't sound like the words of a woman who claims her boyfriend left her without a word four months ago."

"Isn't her boyfriend anymore." Paris muttered to herself, but they had to keep up with pretending. The world didn't know that Cole das a twin brother, yet.

Phoebe sighed. "I know what you're thinking, and I know what this looks like, and I am so sorry for what happened to..."

"You're sorry?" Reese shrieked. "Her eyes were frozen open in terror, her skull was punctured in two places, and by the time the police got there, most of her brain had spilled out onto the floor. Be sick, be horrified, but don't stand there lying to me and say you're sorry."

Prue walked towards them. "Alright, wait a second. You're talking to her like she did it."

Then Paris walked flosser as well. "Why would you accuse her?"

Reese looked at them. "If she's lying to protect Turner, then she might as well had. Now, for the last time. Where is he?" Silence. "I'm gonna find him, Miss Halliwell and then I'm gonna bust his ass, and then I'm gonna bust yours." Then he leaves.

Prue looked at Phoebe. "You okay?"

"He didn't do it, Prue, Paris." Phoebe looked at her sisters. "I know he didn't do it."

"You don't need to convince me." Paris told her.

Prue nodded. "Yeah, well, it's not me you have to convince." Then she looked outside and saw the lady at the beach talking to Reese. "Oh my God. That's her, the woman from the beach." A dark shadow floated behind her. "Alright, look, do you see it?"

"No, sorry." Paris shook with her head.

Phoebe sighed. "No. All I see is Inspector Davidson and a woman. What does this mean? Is he having her follow us?"

"I'm more concerned about what's following her." Prue looked at her sisters. "I-I don't understand why you can't see it."

"That doesn't matter, Prue, you can." Phoebe told her as then Reese and the woman got in a car. "Do you think this has anything to do with the landlady's death?"

"Well, it would be a pretty big coincidence if it didn't." Prue replied as the car drives off. "Alright, I'm gonna follow her to protect her from it. If I'm the only one who can see it that must mean I'm meant to fight it."

"Okay." Paris nodded.

"Alright, but the way the Inspector was describing the murder..." Phoebe trailed off.

Prue nodded. "I know, I'll be careful. I think you two should find Cole and maybe Ben, tell them what happened and see if they knows anything about this shadow thing. 'Kay? Alright, bye." Then she leaves.