Chapter 2: The Beginning II

Start from the beginning

Everyone else threw themselves into their work. Casey with the car, Donnie with the medicine, and April with her little notebook. Mikey did a lot of chores, but he mostly followed Cora around.

She started cooking for everyone, bringing food to wherever they spent their time. April preferred the porch. Donnie and Casey were in the barn. Raph of course, spent his time in the bathroom with Leo.

After about a month, Raph stopped giving Cora the accusing eyes. She wasn't sure if that was him trusting her or him giving up.

Cora made sure to keep the house and barn clean, along with ensuring that Mikey stayed in everyone's good graces. She also got the groceries and worked on her computer and the bombs.

New York medias claimed that the city was quarantined, but otherwise fine. Cora found that hard to believe, considering the fact that every camera she hacked showed a place that was deserted and being patrolled by Kraang.

That was what she was doing now. Sitting on the couch and searching for human life.

"Hey Cora." April greeted, opening the front door.

"No." Cora told her immediately.

April sighed, "You're going to have to eventually. Trust me, you don't want to be caught unprepared with no training. I would know."

Cora pushed at the rug with her foot, "I don't want to."

"Fine, but don't blame me when the Kraang kidnap you or something." April shrugged, closing the door and walking back out to join the others for training.

Cora sat up some, looking out the window for a moment as the others trained. She huffed, looking away and returning to her search.

She knew that not training could be dangerous, especially considering how horribly she handled herself against two average Kraang bots, one of which had actually let her go because she wasn't a threat.

Yeah, Cora was probably the opposite of a ninja.

But she hated the idea of training. There was no particular reason, but it annoyed her to the point where she didn't even want to watch the others train.

Raph walked in angrily a few minutes later, stomping up the stairs to the bathroom. Cora clicked onto a different tab and made a note to say something nice when she brought him dinner.

She should probably delete all these notes. Three months worth of short-term use notes, most of them about Raf or Donnie not properly taking care of themselves. The others were just random things like grocery lists or chores to get done.

Oh, and she completely forgot to sweep yesterday.

The others came in not long later and Cora got up, preparing dinner as they settled in to watch Crognard the Barbarian.

It was a horrible show in her opinion. Space Heroes was so much better.

She set down their plates and then started walking up the stairs with Raf's and the slush that Donnie made for Leo.

About halfway up, Raph started yelling.

"Guys! Guys! Get up here!"

Cora ran forward, throwing open the door.

The turtle in the tub looked over, making eye contact with her as she stood in the doorway for a moment before the others ran past.

She smiled softly, watching as they all hugged and cheered.

"Dude! You're awake!" Mikey grinned, hugging Leo tightly.

"Yes. Ow, ow."

Mikey backed off, but his wide grin never left his face. Raph and Donnie pulled him out and led him downstairs to the couch.

Cora stayed behind them, not wanting to draw attention and ruin the reunion with her great (note the sarcasm) speaking skills.

"So we've been here for three months?" Leo asked as Donnie gave him a check-up. "I've been out that long?"

"You had us worried sick, Leo. Raph probably wouldn't have slept at all if not for Cora. He watched over you constantly." April told him.

Oh. It seems that nobody mentioned that Raph hated listening to people, so Cora decided to drug his food every once in a while. Which he would have gotten mad about if he hadn't of been secretly grateful.

"Cora?" Leo questioned.

She stepped forward and gave him a small smile, "Hi."

The smile immediately disappeared when she glanced at Mikey. A terrifyingly smug grin began to stretch across his face as he stroked ice cream kitty slowly.

"So why does he sound different?" Casey asked, referring to Leo's voice.

"He sustained damage to his throat. And pretty much everywhere else for that matter." Donnie explained.

Leo gagged and leaned forward, pain stretching across his face.

"Here, take some more of my specially patented mutagen medicine. You'll be healed in no time." Donnie instructed, pulling out a glowing green bottle.

"Weren't you still working on that?" Cora asked.

Donnie paused, "Well, yeah, but it's good enough."

Cora frowned, but didn't protest.

"First thing tomorrow, we're going to start training again. You and me. I'll have you on your feet in no time, bro." Raph told Leo happily.

"Should he be training? He just woke up-"

April rolled her eyes, "Not everyone is as scared of training as you are, Cora. Besides, it's the turtles. They heal fast."

Cora glanced at Leo worriedly, only to find that his eyes were already on her. Watching curiously. He obviously had questions, but this was his first night back. Cora decided to leave, so that he would focus on his family and they could enjoy the night more.

Before anyone could say anything, she slipped out the door, ignoring Leo's stare. She made her way to the shack outside and climbed up to the rafters, where a small area was stuffed with blankets.

She really liked it.

Mikey had taken to calling the spot her nest and said that the bombs were her eggs. But then again, Mikey was weird.