32;; true love is a cage

Jungkook screamed.

His screams were those of horror, of pure fear and pain. It shattered throughout the kingdom, tears sprouting from his eyes, escaping into his wide mouth. Mingyu reached forward, grabbing Juungkook's arm, pulling the boy away from his own mother's lifeless body.

Namjoon's eyes twitched, his own lips trembling. He met Mingyu's eyes who shook his head, warning him to not reveal the fact he'd escaped from this spell from Hell.

Aphrodite laughed loudly, her eyes meeting Jungkook's as more tears ran down his cheeks, kissing the top of his lip. "See? Isn't this just such a fun game?" She hummed, tapping her cheek, glancing back at Taehyung. "It seemed killing your worthless mother did nothing for Taehyung," She sighed, turning to Jungkook.

Jungkook wanted to wrap his hands around her neck, squeeze so hard that she lost consciousness before destroying her. But he knew he would never win against her, never win against whatever she had created. She would destroy everything Jungkook knew and loved before he had a chance to even blink.

Aphrodite sighed, leaning back in her chair. She glanced up at Mingyu, the way he was slowly stroking a hand down the boy's back. "Bring him to me," She declared, reaching a hand out, Mingyu sucking in a breath, gently pushing on the boy's lower back.

"She'll be more annoyed if you refuse to go,"

Jungkook reluctantly stepped forward, not wanting to even look at the woman who had just taken his own mother's life. Aphrodite hummed, glancing over at Taehyung, his eyes still glazed over. Jungkook's stomach swirled, as he felt vomit shoot up to his mouth. He felt sick - the whole situation making his head pound as he daren't look behind him, not wanting to see his own mother's lifeless body laid behind him.

"I think..." Aphrodite sighed. "I think you know what's coming, Jungkook. I'll let you go, and you can live your pathetic human life back on Earth, with no memory of anything," She smiled a little. "I'm offering you a way out, a way out from me taking your life,"

Jungkook tightened his jaw. He glanced at Taehyung, the love of his life, the only thing that had made him feel complete in years. He didn't want to let any of this go. He wanted Taehyung to live happily, to be happy. He knew Taehyung would never be happy if he was cursed into this life. He narrowed his eyes.

"Burn in Hell," He hissed, spitting at her feet.

Aphrodite paused for a moment, her eyebrows furrowing before her eyes flashed red. "You dirty whore! You come here, seduce Taehyung, take away my husband, ruin our lives and then have the audacity to spit at my feet? Make me look a fool in front of my court?"

Jungkook felt his neck tighten, Aphrodite holding her hand out, squeezing Jungkook's neck through her powers, lifting his body effortlessly off the floor. He squirmed above her, kicking his legs out. She flung him high in the air, his body falling down.

"You ungrateful bitch,"

Just as Jungkook felt his body falling, his back poised to the floor, his own life flashing before his eyes, Aphrodite reached her hand out, stopping him just before he hit the floor, a soft gasp escaping his lips, eyes hurriedly glancing around the room. He saw Jimin's face of worry, Namjoon's eyes brimming with tears and Taehyung - Taehyung's eyes were narrowed and full of anger, a hand gripping the edge of his chair.

"You will never see any good in your life again, never experience what it feels like to be free," She hissed before flinging her hand up, Jungkook screaming as a loud crack sounded throughout the room, his back snapped in half, his neck hanging down - his entire body lifeless.