Chapter 9

Asta saw a man come out of the zombie pile and tear his face off to reveal a man with grey hair as he jumped back landing on the roof. Asta tried to tush at the man before he sees a group of people appear out of nowhere, puzzled Asta stopped but Leopold got angry seeing his brother in such a way, unable to move, fight, or talk, lying there unconscious. Leopold charged at the new arrival with vigour, asking his rival Asta to accompany him in this fight. Asta took out his demon dweller sword and his katana having them in each arm as he rushed at the using thunder breathing first form: thunderclap and flash to appear near his opponent but as soon as he did, the man just moved away. A way of wind attack made its way towards Asta as Asta gripped his demon dweller sword and absorbed them and then released the attack back at the hooded figure. Asta then saw a water dome form as it tried to prison Asta and Leopold but Asta was not having it as he asked Leopold to duck. "Anti-magic: Clear blue sky" as a 360⁰ way of dark flames were sent from Asta's blade as it looked like a circle from above. Asta's attack destroyed the dome and attacked his opponents. But then suddenly all the magic knights who got teleported returned. Asta who saw this froze for a second as a wind attack made its way toward him but it was soon stopped by a wall of ice, Asta regained his composure as he turned to see Shoko having her hand out.

Asta smiled and was now wary of his surroundings. A huge salamander appeared completely made out of gel magic. Nozel used his rain of silver spell trying to destroy the Salamander but the women who created it used a weird magical item to stop Nozel's attack. "We the eye of the midnight sun would destroy this kingdom," one of the hooded intruders said, surprising Nozel as he was gathering mana to attack but before he would prepare an attack the group of intruders escaped, leaving them not being able to get any information on their actual motives and ideology except the name of this terrorist group.

Mimosa saw Asta and Fuegoleon on the ground as she rushed toward the unconscious Captain and was using her healing magic to heal the injured Captain, who now did not have his right arm. Nozel who saw his rival and friend being in such a pathetic state, left the place. Asta informed Shoko of what had occurred here and how the Captain got abducted by this group who called themselves the eye of the midnight sun.

A Week later

Asta had been training his senses on how to always be able to sense an incoming attack and always have his guard up. Asta had tried to ask Shoko about her father but that topic seem to be very personal. So Asta left the topic of her father and focused more on their training. Today Finral had asked him an odd favour, he asked Asta and Luck to go on Mixer and Asta being as dense as he is asked them what it meant, making Finral facepalm.

Shoko had also left with Vanessa and Noelle, saying that the pretty ladies had their own thing to do after Finral asked Asta to come to the mixer. Asta reluctantly agreed as Finral cheered and started to lecture Asta on how to be cheeky and flirtatious with women. Asta felt very unease learning 'How to be a flirt' from Finral but for Asta, it was just a skill that he learned not something that's a part of his personality right?.

It had taken Finral half a day for Finral to teach, how to get 'Charms' like his to Asta and Luck. Luck never even listened to what Finral said as he slept with his eyes open, making it seem as if he was listening to Finral's teachings.

"Now we are all set and ready to go," Finral said. "Why can't we just dress up and go to this mixer I mean remember those coats that Vanessa handed out to us, we can wear that and still show that we are a Magic Knight," Asta asked. "Well even though what you are saying is right, this is the original cloak of a black bull so it would be recognised," Finral said as he opened a portal. Asta and Luck walked behind Finral as they entered the village of Narin. They walked into a bar, seeing their dates.

They took a seat "I'm sorry if we made you all wait" Finral said as the black bulls took their seat. "Oh no it's okay we got here a few minutes early," a blonde woman said. "Anyways shall we start with the introductions," Finral said as the girls nodded their heads in agreement.