Chapter 4

Asta had been trying to master this new ability of his to negate all magic and had also experienced its backslashes, which were that it gave Asta extreme pain and made him tired.

Asta had been using total concentration to evenly distribute this power all across his body and also reduce the flow of it in his blades so that they would not accidentally shoot out bolts of anti-magic. Asta had also realised that he could create swords of various shapes and sizes and even determine their durability.

Asta had found out that using his anti-magic he could repel the natural man in the air and use this to fly, but this way of flying required a lot of concentration. Asta had spent a whole month mastering this ability of his to fly.

Asta took notes from Yuno on how to evenly spread his magic or anti-magic across his body, it was difficult at first but after a few weeks of training, he was able to master this skill too. The thing that Asta worried the most about was controlling his anti-magic and always keeping it in check so that it was tamed.

Asta had vivid nightmares haunting him ever since he acquired the grimoire, he had learned a lot about how magic worked and how his anti-magic worked, and Asta was still training his swordsmanship and was still refining his breath forms. Not to mention how Asta had created his breath style, which was an advanced version of the breath of the sun.

Asta was able to use the open-world or the see-through world but his perception of time was different whenever he entered the see-through world. It had taken him years to adjust to the sudden change of perspective.

Now Asta was trying to use his demon slayer sword, which was a huge hunk of a sword and had noticed how his grimoire was able to store swords and had given a name to his katana as the demon slasher.

The huge demon slayer sword was big but was a balanced blade. Whoever made this sword must have been a person who loves their craft. Asta had gone through Yoriichi's diary and had now known the legend of the old man, who he likes to call his master.

Yoriichi had taught Asta Japanese, which was Yoriichi's mother tongue or his first language. Asta had noticed how the energy that he uses, anti-magic's source was the grimoire that he possesses and that the flow of this energy was the reason why Asta felt exhausted after using his wrath of elves form.

Asta had also found a way to use his enhanced senses as a way of sensing danger and predicting his opponent's movements. Asta uses his sense like a radar to sense any incoming attacks and also being able to locate someone or something just by using sound waves and the air current was a truly challenging task but Asta was able to overcome this challenge.

Asta and Yuno we're now heading towards the royal capital to take their magic knights exam, both of them flying using their means, Yuno using a broom and Asta using his anti-magic.

Asta and Yuno we're now walking through the royal capital in awe, looking at how lavish the royals and the nobles here in the capital live, while the commoners suffer in the forsaken and commoner realm.

Asta and Yuno had arrived two days before the exam and spent the time resting and exploring the capital. Asta and Yuno came across a lot of magical items which could improve your magical control, which could improve your magic potency and increases your magic to enhance your body.

Asta and Yuno had brought some food with them and hunted down some animals to get some food. Asta and Yuno had sparred one last time before the exam.

The Next day

Asta and Yuno now arrived at the Magic Knights exam. Asta and Yuno we're in the line to get registered.

Yuno was known up next to get registered. "What is your name and where are you from?" The man in the register asked, "Yuno from Hage village" Yuno said, "And your grimoire" the man asked as Yuno nodded and took his grimoire from his grimoire pouch.