Chapter 1

It had been a year since Yoriichi had taken the young boy under his apprenticeship and needless to say, the boy was a prodigy when it comes to swordsmanship, he had excellent reflexes, and instincts that can match a veteran and also the ability to be one with the sword. Asta also wrote down anything Yoriichi said in a notebook and when asked why Asta said that it was to remember every valuable lesson Yoriichi taught.

Yoriichi had never seen a prodigy like Asta when it came to swordsmanship, Yoriichi even wondered how strong he would be if he was a prodigy like Asta. Yoriichi had discovered something about Asta, it was the fact that Asta had extreme physical powers and it did not make any sense. Yoriichi had taught Asta the Total concentration breathing and needless to say the prodigy learned it quickly and mastered it within a week.

Today was the day, Yoriichi was finally going to test Asta on something. "Asta, come here," Yoriichi called Asta as he motioned for Asta to come near him. Asta went near his master as he stood near Yoriichi.

"I am going to give you a test and if you were to pass it then, I would teach you my secret techniques," Yoriichi said as Asta nodded and raised a question "What is the test, master?" Asta asked.

Yoriichi walked up to a boulder as he laid his hand on the boulder, which was at least three times the size of Asta, and said "This is" Yoriichi said and Asta raised an eyebrow and said "I don't understand" Asta said.

"To pass the test you have to slice the boulder into two" Yoriichi said as Asta frowned, "Oh," Asta said

"To pass the test you have to slice the boulder into two" Yoriichi said as Asta frowned, "Oh," Asta said. "But if you aren't able to then I would take it that you do not have the determination to achieve your goal of becoming the wizard king," Yoriichi said as he began to walk back to the hut.

'Is this even physically possible' Asta thought as he took a stance as he inhaled and exhaled as he raised his blade and rushed towards the boulder and 'Cling' the shockwave the contact as he fell to the ground.

Time-skip 6 months

Asta had tried slicing the boulder again and again and again, day after day and time after time he tries to cut the boulder but his efforts were to no avail. "Goddamn, it" Asta shouted as he fell to the ground panting.

Asta thought this was enough for today as he was walking towards the church and decided to clean himself in the river nearby. Asta saw Yuno on the other side, condensing his wind magic to form and blade and stroke it at an unspecific angle at the target, which was the tree, Asta saw the tree tear and he noticed that Yuno had not positioned the blade at the tree's weak spot.

Asta found it ridiculous to see someone not notice a weak spot that was evident to the naked eye. Asta then thought back to the boulder and started walking after thinking about the boulder for a few minutes, Asta frowned and then stopped 'You idiot' Asta thought as he rushed back to the hut and then ran towards the boulder as he used Total Concentration before unsheathing his blade and he leapt onto the air and 'Slash' as the boulder was cut into two.

Yoriichi heard a sound as he walked out of the hut only to see the boulder split as he turned a bit to see Asta with his blade unsheathed. Yoriichi had thought that it would at least take a year for the young boy.'

Asta heard the sound of clapping, Asta turned to see Yoriichi clapping with a smile on his face, the old man's smile made Asta happy as he shouted "I did it!" Asta said, "Yes you did, I thought it would take at least a year for you to do it but needless to say you are amazing Asta," Yoriichi said.

"Seeing that did it I am going to reward you with something special," Yoriichi said as stars formed in Asta's eyes

Asta is an ambitious boy with a lot of dreams and goals. Yoriichi knew that the gift that he would give to Asta, would help Asta in many ways and he would do anything for the boy, he considers to be his grandchild.

Yoriichi walked into the hut as Asta followed him. Yoriichi took a scroll and a katana as he sat down and motioned for Asta to be seated in front of him. Asta sat on the floor as he saw Yoriichi open the scroll. Asta had seen a lot of scrolls, swords, ores, metal and a lot of weapons in Yoriichi's hut, well that is if you can call it that.

The hut had a basement underneath it and that basement consists of things that Asta never knew existed. Asta was excited to see what was on the scroll. The had been opened and the scroll had consisted of sword stances, well not just any sword stance but the notes of performing some of the most important breath styles that were created by men.

Some of the breath forms are Recovery breath, thunder breathing thunderclap n flash, beast breathing spatial awareness, sound breathing radar zone and the breath of the sun.

"Well Asta, what is your opinion on this gift?" Yoriichi asked to see Asta with an amused look on his face. "Old man how do you even do this without any magic or mana?" Asta asked intriguingly.

Yoriichi thought it would be better if he had shown the young boy these breathing styles. "Well follow me outside and I will show you, how to perform these breathing styles," Yoriichi said as Asta nodded and decided to follow the old man.

Asta watched in awe as he saw his master create fire from his blade and form a dragon out of it, which destroyed the same boulder Asta had cut down to two.

"So cool, how did you do that old man?" Asta questioned Yoriichi with a raging curiosity. "Well it is a complex process but I will teach it to you, Asta," Yoriichi said with a smile on his face. Asta was certainly surprised at how these breathing styles or forms work but now he knew that they work and he would try his best to do it.