Side Story: Partner

Nezuko's POV

I was at the Butterfly Mansion with Shinobu fixing my hair as usual. My training here in the Butterfly Mansion is rigorous. I feel kinda bad for Kanao but I'll just endure it like her. Plus I have my motivation anyway.

"Hey there Nezuko! How's your training going for you? You only have a few months left before the next Final Selection after all." Mui decided to drop by like always and flashed a smile towards me. Wait! H-He's not the motivation I was talking about... I-I mean h-he's one of them b-but not entirely! I told myself, making myself blush. "Is everything okay Nezuko?"

"Y-Yeah I-I'm okay Mui-kun! T-Thank you Shinobu-san!" I quickly got up and left the porch.

"Ara~ Ara~ Mui-kun is such a nice nickname~ Don't you think?~ Although I'm not sure if your brother will approve of this~" Shinobu commented on us, smiling like she knew that this would upset my brother if he knew. "What a fast relationship you two are on~ Just make sure that it doesn't go too far though~" She added, standing up and going back inside the Butterfly Mansion. This made both of us blush madly and I love seeing Mui blush like that.

"S-Shall we go N-Nezuko?" He stuttered when asking the question.

"Y-Yeah..." I replied to him as we started walking towards his Mansion. During this time right after my training with Kanae-san and Shinobu-san, Mui-kun usually picks me up and treats me for breakfast sometimes and also helps me train. He's surprisingly a good cook too. He even sometimes brings me to his missions as long as I don't become a dead weight during it. 

"...Hey Nezuko..."

"What is it, Mui-kun?"

"Your demon brother... He won't fight or try to kill me if he knew we were this close as friends... Right?"

"...I actually hope not." I stopped at my tracks, thinking of what could happen if Tanjiro meets Mui. Ah... This might make me fight with Tanjiro if worse comes to shove... But our friendship isn't even worth being against him right? I mean we're... friends..? While I was pondering, a loud squawking was heard. We both looked up and saw a Kasugai flying all over the place.

"It seems like it will announce a report to everyone. It's typically something big if that happens though." Mui said as the Kasugai crow started cawing.

"Caw! Caw! Report! Kamado Tanjiro! Tsuyuri Kanao! Report! Caw! Caw!"

"What do you think happened to them? I hope nothing happened to Kanao and onii-chan."

"It's going to be okay Nezuko. I mean he is your brother, who not only fought off Muzan but also saved a bunch of other Demon Slayer during the Final Selection. Additionally, Kanao's a Tsuguko of the Flower Pillar so it should be alright." Mui replied to me, petting me in the head. I don't know why I like it but I do. 

"Caw! Caw! Kamado Tanjiro and his partner Tsuyuri Kanao has dispatched Lower Moons 3 and 4! Caw! Caw! Making a total of 3 Lower Moons killed by Kamado Tanjiro! And only 1 for Tsuyuri Kanao! Caw! Caw!" The crow squawked as it flew over the other Mansions with the same report announcing.

"Wow... They actually killed Lower Moons and your brother has a total of 3 huh. I guess its expected from a demon who actually defied the Demon King himself and from Tsuyuri-san." Mui acknowledged the achievements of my brother and Kanao.

"So Kanao and Tanjiro are now fighting together like partners now huh?" I said to myself as  a thought came, which made me rush towards the Butterfly Mansion and dragged Mui along with me.

When we arrived at the Butterfly Mansion, we saw Kanae, Shinobu and Yui having tea by the porch. They were talking to each other when Kanae saw us.

"Ara~ Ara~ Nezuko-chan~ Is there something wrong?~" She asked me.

"Have you heard from the Kasugai, Kanae-san?"

"Ara~ Ara~ Nezuko-chan~ Of course we heard the achievement made by our little Kanao and your brother Tanjiro~" she replied with a smile.

"Now that they're partners on a mission, could they develop a relationship? Like actual partners?" I smirked at the thought of my brother having a girlfriend despite him being a demon and both Kanae and Yui almost screamed because of how fond they are of the idea. I also like the idea of Kanao being my sister if nii-chan actually marries him. 

Unfortunately, Shinobu took it too seriously that she almost choked when she was drinking her tea. She quietly stood up while putting her tea beside Kanae and removed her Nichirin blade from her sheath. "E-Ehmm... D-Did I say something bad Shinobu- san?" Scary! Scary! Scary! Scary! I will do my best not to upset her from now on.

"Nezuko, you shouldn't assume the relationship of other people especially if it is NOT YOUR relationship okay?~ Of course I wouldn't let Tanjiro get away if he touches our little Kanao after all~ It's not that he's a demon but it's better if he isn't one and both of them are way too early to be in a relationship. It's best that they remain friends, right?~" She said in her usual tone but I can feel and sense the venom from her tongue. ...She definitely doesn't want Kanao to be in a relationship that goes beyond friendship.

With that we left the Butterfly Mansion, not willing to talk about what just happened or else we might get stung with a hint of poison and Shinobu is the poison specialist.

TBC