Water VS Fire

Note: There's a special guest in this chapter and the reason I'm bringing the guest here because this is what I had in mind in the beginning. I also think that this special guest is important to the future.

Giyuu's POV

Kamado..? Why does his name sound so familiar? Hmmm... I feel like I forgot something important... Sigh... I'll just ask Kocho for it later then we'll continue the mission given to us by Oyakata-sama. I thought as the demon in front me stares at me. 

No One's POV

The two just stared at each other for a few minutes, trying to read the body language of the other so that they prepare for each other's attack. Then they engage on each other, parrying and attacking each other. Since Tanjiro is using his Skeletal Alteration on a human for the first time, he is only using half of his strength since he was almost as strong as Hashira or maybe even as strong as one. He only parried and dodge Giyuu's attacks and breath style and did small thrusts with the use of his skeletal protrusions. Sadly for Giyuu, he hasn't notice that Tanjiro isn't giving his all in their fight. Tanjiro isn't using his breath style against him because he knows that his breath style is stronger than his and he didn't want to hurt the Hashira since he was a Hashira. 

Giyuu charges towards him "Water Breathing Technique: Water Wheel" (The user leaps and vertically spins forward in the air while releasing a flowing attack in a circular motion.). He said, only for Tanjiro to create a shield out of his 4 skeletal protrusions and parries it outwards, pushing Giyuu back and shocking him. As he lands back on his feet, he jumps back to look for any opening on him but he didn't find anything. While he was thinking and looking for a opening, Tanjiro took this chance and charges at him, catching him off guard due to his inhumane speed. He then used his Skeletal Alteration to create a cone-shaped weapon as his protrusions wrap around his right arm, thrusting it with only half of his overall strength towards Giyuu, blocking the attack but was sent back due to his strength.

"You're strong, Kamado..." Giyuu said as he uses the Water Breathing Technique: Striking Tide (The user makes multiple consecutive slashes while twisting their body and sword in a flowing fashion to deliver multiple blows simultaneously.) and rushes towards him. Tanjiro blocked his attack just like the last time with the same way but this time, it made Giyuu annoyed. "Tch..." he stated, landing on his feet then backing up for a good bit before entering a stance. "Let's finish this shall we? Water Breathing Technique: Constant Flux!" (The user performs a continuous flowing attack which seemingly takes the form of a water dragon that increases in strength and power with each rotation due to momentum.)

Giyuu then starts running as he twirls and spins from time to time before closing in on Tanjiro, generating a water dragon near his blade. Tanjiro sensed that his Water Breathing suddenly became stronger and his breathing patterns change. Seeing that it got stronger, he wanted to test if his Skeletal Alteration gets cut by him since Giyuu can't cut it normally as of now. Tanjiro uses his Blood Demon Arts and sends them at him. Giyuu, being prepared and confident with his Water Breathing Technique, he twirled once, cutting the protrusions sent to him as it disintegrates mid-air. Tanjiro saw this and immediately regrew the fallen protrusions and proceeded to attack Giyuu. As he keeps on spinning cutting, Tanjiro never moved his own body. He was just standing there, learning what he can and can't do with his skeletal protrusions. After a little while, he backed off, recalling his protrusions as it hovered beside him. Giyuu remained emotionless when he retreated but was glad (on the inside) since he was getting tired from the fight itself. That was one of the most annoying things for me and there's Shinobu Kocho back at Headquarters. No wonder Oyakata-sama gave us this mission. He admitted, breathing heavily due to fatigue and exhaustion. 

Seeing that Giyuu was tired, Tanjiro stopped since he was just testing his skills on Giyuu. After a few breathing here and there, Tanjiro lunged towards Giyuu with his cone-shaped arm but he gave him enough time for him to react since exhaustion dulled his senses a bit. He repeats what he did before and keeps on repeating but his time not giving him the opportunity to use his Water Breathing. This sequence of attack from Tanjiro keeps happening but with his protrusions coiling on his right or left arm and sometimes even creating a coiled, cone-shaped tail to attack him. Despite Tanjiro's obvious repetition of attacks, Giyuu never found an opening until he saw that the demon is far away from his sister. Giyuu then gives a nod towards him, making him tilt his head and returns to stalling Tanjiro.

Tanjiro's POV

The two were still fighting since Giyuu's true intentions is to buy time and distance for her to get the girl and leave the demon because he was too strong for him. With all of this inside his mind, Tanjiro is confused on what Giyuu is doing. He is just staying back then charges over and over again, like what I was doing. Is he planning to do something? ... I actually don't get it. Tanjiro thought as he continues to battle Giyuu. After a while of them fighting, Giyuu finally falls down on one of his knees and breathes heavily.

"Giyuu-san... You've already lost. Please retreat back and let me take my sister to the doctor down at the village, please... She fainted after... what she saw... and what she has experienced." I told him with worry, giving him a sad look with my eyes while he remained emotionless and stares at me. 

"Do you really think that I, Giyuu Tomioka, will leave a human with a demon who is as strong as a Hashira? I'm not careless, you know. We slay to protect and I very much doubt that you'll protect her." He replied to me, still trying to catch his breath. I sighed and I was about to turn around to the direction of my sister, Giyuu spoke up. "You're not going to kill me? Or are you so confident that you can take me on whenever you want?" 

I look at him with a slight confusion on my face. I' am confident with my skills but I'm not overconfident. Plus, I don't want to kill the current strongest guardians of humans from demons. Maybe he hasn't learned that I only used half of my overall strength and abilities. "Giyuu-san, I may be a demon but only on the flesh. I've been with my sister for a long time when I became a demon and I never felt hunger or thirst for blood or flesh. I know demons get stronger by eating human but I didn't." I responded to him.

He then suddenly shouted at me, catching me off guard. "Kocho! Now!" I turned around as I saw a girl with long hair and two green and pink butterfly hairpins on either side of her head. She was wearing a purple uniform and a butterfly patterned fabric behind her. I managed to get a glimpse on what was behind her uniform and that is a kanji saying "metsu" or "destroy". I couldn't see her face at all as I tried to run towards her before I sensed that Giyuu was going to attack but it was too late.

"Water Breathing Technique: Dead Calm." Giyuu said as he stood up straight not doing anything until he casually slashes my arms and protrusions. I tripped and fell because I was shocked that he got stronger instantly and manage to but my arms and protrusions off but I saw that he had difficulty in cutting my arms.

"Giyuu-san! Thank you for making an opening for me! Sorry Demon-san but I am going to take this girl now!" The mysterious girl informed me, giving me a surprised look on me when I glanced towards her and my sister.

TBC