Tanjiro's Training

No One's POV

While Nezuko is off one her own training led by the Kocho sisters, we move on to Tanjiro who is still with Sakonji Urokodaki, the Former Water Hashira. Sakonji is still testing out Tanjiro's demonic abilities. As of now, he is able to eat human food normally at the cost of eating a bit more than what an average human consumes. He hasn't gone berserk whenever he feels like his life is going to end at the next second but has some problem consciously controlling his Skeletal Alteration because he subconsciously attacks anyone who has lust for blood or anyone with a ominous presence or killing intent.

Right now, he is currently sparring with Sakonji, with his bare hands as a demon. Sakonji has already told him that he can't teach anything about his swordsmanship but he suggested that it would be best that he knows close combat.

Tanjiro's POV

"Hmmm... You're indeed getting stronger but you're still faraway from what I expect of you to become." He told me as Urokodaki-san punched me towards a tree, breaking two and stopping at the third with a bent one. "If it so happens that there are demons out there who has the ability or Blood Demon Arts of disarming a Demon Slayer's only defence and offense, you'll immediately become their meal, Tanjiro. Come and spar with me again once you've improved yourself." He told me as he began walking down the mountain to his house.

"Yes... Urokodaki-san..." I weakly uttered as I let myself fall on the ground with a thud. Ever since he told that I couldn't learn anymore swordsmanship since he said that I only need to sharpen and improve them, I went with his suggestion of learning close combat but... this is somehow tougher without the help of my Skeletal Alteration. I can't give up now. I still have to find Nezuko and check on her, even though she's in the hands of the Hashiras. They'll kill immediately as soon as I show myself. As for Muzan... Surprisingly, he's not making a move on me. I thought to myself as I jumped back up to prepare training again.

"I'll just hope that the Miss who took her would treat her properly. Nezuko is after all, pretty defenceless on her own." I sighed at what I said and was to start my training regime until I felt a presence nearby. I subconsciously created 4 Skeletal Tails, sent 3 of it towards the tree tops and 1 by my right arm. But before my tails could've reached the tree tops, I immediately controlled it to stop, which it did. Three crows suddenly fell from the tree but I saved them by using the three tails I sent before. 

"Poor crows. Urokodaki-san is right about me not being able to control my attacks when I sense something off. I got to practice this so that no other crows be fallen victim to my own faults." I told my self as I carried them back to me and made a small circular nest with two of the tails and let the crows rest there. "Although it seems a little bit too weird for a bird have an ominous presence." I went back to practice on my close combat skills and watch carefully for the fallen birds on my back with the help of my Skeletal Alteration.

???'s POV

That was too close for a close call. That almost made me faint..! How was he that fast to react? Moreover, he stopped mid-attack... Did he perhaps notice my presence already? No, I can take pride in my insensible presence that even the Hashiras and Lower Moon can't feel. Not sure if the Upper Moon does though... But for him to notice the moment I went to this particular tree, this information will be valuable for us Demon Slayers and I'll have to report to Amane-san and Oyakata-sama. I thought to myself as I slowly rest my back by the tree's trunk while keeping on an eye on the demon who is practicing close combat and who has three of my Kasugai/crows. Now then, why don't you show me your true nature, Kitsune-osama.

*Time Skip towards Nightfall Brought to you by This Wallpaper*

No One's POV

In a small village by the foot of Mt. Sagiri, there was a couple strolling through the night. They were whispering and giggling quietly to respect the sleeping people nearby.

"Wow... You finally were able to visit the shrine. I'm glad you took me with you on your first time there in a long time. Ever since you got an injury in your leg because of your recklessness, you were able to visit it again with me like old times." The girl in a pink yukata that has big flower patterns all over it said. She is holding a small fan and small bag carried in her left hand and her right hand is holding her boyfriend's right arm.

"Well... It's been a while ever since. So the first stop I had to take was the shrine where we first met back then." The boy in a kimono in black and grey, who is holding a lantern using his left arm, replied with a smile, making her girlfriend blush.

The two continued talking to each other before turning to a street and met two 'people' which looked suspicious to them. They tried to turn back but they were approached by the same mysterious person. They were shocked and when they looked back the street, there were only on of them left.

"What do we have here?" The 'person' in the front asked them.

"A boy and a girl, seemingly like couples..." He replied as he groaned in displeasure. "Your flirting disgust me. Go get a room will you? In our stomach to be precise." He continued with a lick of his tongue.

"Now, now brother. Let's take this one at a time. We'll deal with the guy first then the girl. Sounds good, Brother?"

"Be my guest, Brother."

"De... Demons..." The man mumbled but loud enough for all of them to hear.

"The boy's a genius. Such a shame that he rent a room in our stomach, Brother." The two of them trembled after what they said. The girl started crying behind the boy while he tried to man up and defend the girl as the two demons just laugh menacingly. 

Suddenly, a gust of wind was felt by all of them and it silenced them. Suspicious of what happened, the demon brother who's in front of the couple yelled at his demon brother.

"Hey Brother, see or hear anything weird over there?" 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

No one answered and it was eerily silent. The couple looked at the direction of the other demon, meaning they turned around. The three of them widen their eyes as they started trembling so badly that both of the couple fell backwards, with the boy catching the girl. What they saw was the other demon brother just standing still motionlessly and a silhouette of a person with what looked like butterfly wings but has the shape and sharpness of a sword. The demon the fell to the ground with its head rolling to the side as both head and body disintegrates into the air. The masked person walked towards the couple as the moon shone upon him.

"No way... He... HE'S REAL!?!?!" The other demon shouted, shocked to see the rumoured demon that has been killing other demons and saving humans. "YOU BASTARD OF A DEMON!!! I WILL KI-" In a blink, the demon brother's flew away from its body before it could finish his line.

As the body of the demon brother disintegrates, its head spoke. "You... really are more of... a monster than us real... demons... Kitsune-osama..." The head finally dissipates into the air as the couple ran towards the Fox King.

He turned around to face them. "Please be careful next you two and stay indoors as much as possible before nightfall." He said as he pats their heads.

"Thank you for saving us and we will, Kitsune-osama." The couple then continued walking down the street and to their home, still a bit shaky and terrified because of their encounter with two demons and Fox King himself.

Fox King's POV

"Sheesh... Those demons won't stop coming. But it doesn't matter. I'll take on whoever he sends, even if it's one of the Twelve Kizukis." He sighed and started to jump away but stopped as he felt a presence who was watching him in the shadows. "Come out of there if you have any business with me."

The person approached him, shocking the Fox King instantly. "It's nice to meet, Kitsune-osama."

TBC