Kanae Kocho

No One's POV

While Kanae was in an inn in a small village a few hours from the Demon Slayer HQ, she was sitting next to Nezuko on a futon, who she knew that was still faking her sleep due to her making sudden movements during the trip. Honestly, she thought that the trip was rather faster than her and Giyuu going to where they came. Maybe she was just excited at the idea of befriending a demon, which was something she dreamed about. Remembering the incident that happened before they came into the village, she thought of confronting Nezuko. Not only will that make the journey much more faster, it's also for her to trust her so that she won't be wary of her. Kanae sighed at the thought and left the room to check on the things that they'll need for the rest of the trip.

As soon as the doors closed, Nezuko takes this moment to scan her surroundings by rolling over on the futon bit by bit, trying to be sneaky about it. Seeing that the person who took her is not there anymore, she sits up and rubs her eyes to make sure that she didn't miss anything. She gave a sigh as she realized that she was nowhere near their old home and her brother. Worried and heartbroken, she curled up into a ball, hugging her legs and pressing it onto her chest as she slowly starts tearing up. Tou-san... Kaa-san... Rokuta... Hanako... Shigeru... Takeo... Nii-chan... I just want to see all of you again... I want this nightmare to end... Please... Come save me...

After she uttered those words, she felt a warm touch and it felt all too familiar to her. She jolted up to see who gave that warmth and to her surprise, it was her mother, Kie, and her father, Tanjuro, smiling at her. Nezuko didn't waste a single moment and immediately hugged them both, crying uncontrollably like a new born baby. Her other siblings, including Tanjiro, also appeared and patted and hugged her, comforting her in the process. Soon after, her tears began to stop as she was reminded by herself that what she felt and saw were all fragments of her memory and imagination.

"Go Nezuko. Find and help your brother. He's your only family left. Please don't lose each other again." Tanjiro and Kie both smiled and whispered to their daughter. "Nee-chan! You're the only one who can help Nii-chan! Be there for him and he will also be there for you!" Hanako, Shigeru, and Takeo shouted at her giving her a lapse of hugs one by one as they join their parents. "We love you, Nee-chan! And we will always love you!" Nezuko pauses to see her frail little brother give her a big, warm smile like how Tanjiro does all the time. She smiles back at him and her family as she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath to calm herself. Upon opening her eyes, she was in the same position as before. With a bit of soaked tears on her clothes and redness around her eyes, she quietly sat upright on her futon as the door creaked to reveal Kanae at the door, smiling warmly and gently at her.

"Moshi mosh~ Are you okay?~" Kanae asked Nezuko softly.

"Yes... I'm okay Miss..." She replied along with a nod. "Just really missing my family."

Kanae ran towards and immediately hugged her. "Ara ara~ No need to worry! Your Kanae Nee-chan is here for you!~" She worriedly told her while giving her a few pats on the head and the back.

Nezuko takes this opportunity to know more about her and what happened to her brother. "Ummm... Kanae-san?" She tried to ask her but couldn't be heard from all of the worrying Kanae did to her. After a little while, Nezuko finally breaks away from her making the room quiet. "Please Kanae-san... Can I ask you a few questions?"

"I'm sorry Nezuko-chan~ And of course you can!~ I'm Kanae Kocho, the Flower Hashira and the head of the Butterfly Estate~" She responded while giving a big gentle smile.

"Right! I'm Nezuko Kamado and ummm... Where am I? Where is my brother and why am I here?" Nezuko almost whispered what she said, thinking that she'll get mad at while looking downwards.

"Kamado!?" She shouted but closed her mouth with her hand. "Sorry~"

"Ummm... How do you know me and my family? I didn't know that Kaa-san nor Tou-san had any other connections..." She replied with a confused look on her face.

"Sorry Nezuko-chan but I myself don't know your parents.~"

"Then... How?"

"Ahhh!~ Master told me so~" She cheerfully said towards her, only making her more confused on who that Master is.

"Master? Who's that? Never mind but... Have you seen my brother, Kanae-san?" She asked her.

"Your brother?~" She tilted her head in confusion while putting a finger on her chin, trying to get an idea on who her brother.

"My brother's name is Tanjiro Kamado. You know, black hair with burgundy tips. Red eyes with white pupils. With a red and black katana. And uhm... he's a demon." She said in low and soft tone, regretting that he's brother is now a demon.

"A demon..?~"

"Unfortunately, yes but he hasn't eaten anyone! He recognized me back when Muzan turned him into one! Please don't kill my brother if you saw him!" This plead made Kanae interested in Nezuko and in what she saw. Thinking that this will help them in defeating Muzan, she was a valuable asset to them. "I beg you! Please don't kill him!" Nezuko protested so that her brother won't be killed like the rest of his family.

Kanae looked at her and reached out towards her shoulder, holding it while giving her a reassuring smile. She then gave her a hug that reminded her of her family before they're inevitable doom. "Don't worry Nezuko-chan~ Why don't we go to my place, the Demon Slayer HQ and then find your older brother later, okay?~ If he's the demon I think he is, then there will be no one that can hurt him as of now.~"

Nezuko nodded as she hugs Kanae back. The two just sat down on the futon as the two of them started learning more about each other until night came. As night came, Nezuko felt comfortable around her and she feels that Kanae was like and older sister to her, which to her surprise that she was one. While Nezuko was readying herself to sleep in her room, Kanae has already contacted HQ with her crow about what's to come as it flies away with her joining Nezuko.

TBC