Chapter 14

Javelin: "Oh.. I see.. Now I understand. I wanted to be friends with her too."

(Continued)

After the retreat of Iron Blood and the Sakura Empire, the Azur Lane fleet returned back to base. The mission was a success and so everyone was given the permission to relax for the time being.

(Abraham POV)

I was walking with Maryland and Benfold. We returned back to base after the mission was over. We had retrieved Edinburgh, Akashi and Sheffield who had something for us to look at but because Sheffield was exhausted, we had her and Edinburgh rest as Akashi went with the others to the office to discuss what happened.

Abraham: *arms wrapped around the back of head* "Man, that was exhausting. Fighting squadron after squadron and having to evade flak was hard.."

Maryland: "You said it, admiral. Wasted all of my torpedoes on those damn siren ships.."

Benfold: "Well lucky for you, you didn't have to defend everyone from those planes.."

I chuckled at our humor which caused the other two to laugh with me.

Abraham: "Still, we kicked ass out there. Good work you two. Now, have you guys seen the others? I'd like to tell them good work as well but I can't find em."

Maryland: "I thought Chinook, Hurricane and Monsoon went to the cafeteria to eat."

Benfold: "Didn't Cole, Fitzgerald, Barry and Farragut go to their dorms to rest?"

Abraham: "How would I know? None of you guys tell me jack shit."

Maryland: "You're the admiral. You should keep an eye on your members. Speaking of which, where's Chosin and the others?"

Benfold: *sighs* "You're both the head of us yet you don't even know where they were.."

Maryland: "Where were they?"

Benfold: "They went to relax. Now, boss, admiral, where are we going?"

Abraham: "I don't know but I need to resupply then after resupplying, Im going to go have fun."

Maryland: "What kind of fun, admiral?"

Abraham: "Uh... I'll be flying on a F-35.."

Benfold: *sighs again* "Does it once, tries it again.."

Abraham: "Hey its cool and you know it."

Benfold: "I'll be showering. I'll see you two later."

Maryland: "Bye Benfold. Admiral, I'll be at the cafeteria too. Don't get hurt out there otherwise Wales might get ya."

Abraham: "Yeah yeah- Wait, what did you mean by that, Maryland?"

Maryland: *a couple of feet away and plays him off* "Can't hear you admiral!"

Abraham: *sighs* "Fine, fuck you too! Oh well, time to go have fun then."

Inside the office

Wales: "So whats in this thing?"

Akashi then opens the box, revealing a black mental cube that is still glowing and active.

Belfast: "A black mental cube?"

Akashi: "Yes. Its a black mental cube that I saw a siren give Akagi."

Enterprise: "They were working with the sirens all this time?"

Wales: "That explains quite a lot. Maybe Iron Blood is doing the same thing as well."

Belfast: "They are. According to Edinburgh, they were working on a warship named Orochi but thats all they got before they got caught."