Chapter 3 - My Name Is Violet Mary Dursley

BOOM. They knocked again.
SMASH.
The door was hit by such a force that it fell inside the shack.
A gaint of a man was standing there. He fitted the door in its hinges again. "Couldn't make a cup o' tea, could yeh? It wasn't an eazy journey."
Dud squeaked and ran to hide behind mum, who was crouching, terrified, behind dad.
"An' 'ere are 'Arry and Elizabeth!" the giant said. "Las' time I saw yeh both, you was only a baby! 'Arry, yeh look a lot like yer dad, but yeh 'ave got yer mum's eyes. But Elizabeth, yeh look like yer mum Lily, but you 'ave you father James' hazel eyes."
"I demand that you leave the house at once, sir! You broke the door and entered." dad said.
"Anyway, 'Arry and Elizabeth, happy eleventh birthday!"
"Umm excuse me, sir, but my name is Violet Mary Dursley, not Elizabeth, and today is my birthday but i turned ten not eleven." I said, but it was more of a question than a statement.
"Violet? Yer name's Elizabeth Lily Potter, 'Arry's younger twin sister, and you turned eleven today." the gaint said casually.
He then directed his words to mum and dad, or rather Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia if I actually am Harry's twin, and shouted.
"I know you wanted a daughter, Dursley. But that doesn't mean that you can rename Lily and James Potter's only daughter."
He then turned to me and Harry. "'Arry James Potter and Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Lily Potter are yer real names. And I am Rubeus Hagrid but yer can call me Hagrid. Everyone does. And I am the keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. 'Course yeh know everything 'bout Hogwarts."
"Sorry, no." I said, wondering what on earth was Hogwarts.
"No? Fro' where did yeh think yer mum an' dad learned it all?" the giant, Hagrid, asked us.
"All what?" Harry asked.
"Dursley!" Hagrid roared, "Are yeh meaning to tell me tha' 'ese two know nothin' 'bout-'bout anythin'? 'Arry and Elizabeth Potter don' know 'ier own story when every child in our worl' know 'ier names!"
"We know some things, you know," I said, "I can do maths and Harry is excellent at science!"
"No, Elizabeth, not that stuff. 'Bout our worl', I mean. Yer worl'. My worl'. Yer parents' world."
"What world?" Harry asked.
"Dursley!" Hagrid exploded, then turned to me and h
Harry "I didn't know that i'll be the one to tell yeh this bu'," he sighed and continued, "Yer a wizard, 'Arry and yer a witch, Elizabeth."
"I am a what?" we, Harry and I, gasped at the same time.
"A wizard a witch, and a rather good one, I'd say. And, also, it's time yeh read yeh letters." Hagrid said, handing us our letters. Addressed in emerald green ink to
Ms. E. Potter
The Sofa
Hut-on-the-Rock
The Sea.
I pulled out the letter and started reading.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster : Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Potter
We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely

Minerva McGonagall
Dupety Headmistress

"What does it mean, they await our owls?" Harry asked.
"Gallopin' Gorgons, yes. They mean that they await yer owl. Actual owl. An' 'ere's my owl. And I am gonna write a letter, and the owl will deliver the letter to Professor Albus Dumbledore, yer headmaster."
He scribbled the note on the parchment with the quill. Literally scribbled. Read it upside-down, me and Harry did.
Dear Professor Dumbledore
I have, successfully, given Harry and Elizabeth their letter.
I am taking them to buy them they're things tomorrow.
The weather's horrible, I hope you're well.
Rubeus Hagrid
He rolled up the letter and gave it to the owl who clamped it in its beak.

A/N

Late update, sorry 😐!
It took me half an hour to figure out how people put gifs in the chapter thumbnail.
Eventually, I figured it out and inserted a gif.

Words = 726 (including A/N)

Sorry for short chapter!

Thanks for reading!