Chapter 9 - Varian's Nightmare

Note: There's going to be a few Disney characters mentioned from Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Series. You'll be surprised who are they in this part. And Varian's okay. It's just his nightmare. Thank you and enjoy.

In the hot-air balloon, halfway to Corona, everyone sleeps except Cassandra.

Maximus, Ruddiger and Pascal are cuddled in their slumbers. They snoozed peacefully.

Lance and Quirin are sleeping back-to-back. Lance did not snore so much.

Eugene and Varian are snuggled together. They slept in their calming state of mind.

Cassandra hears a hoot from the sky. It was her nocturnal friend. She was curious. "Owl, any movement from Rapunzel?" Cassandra asked.

Owl was glum. It shook its head in the oddest way.

Cassandra sighs. "She'll be lonely in that castle. Rapunzel needs to stop what she's doing before it gets worse." Cassandra stated. She glanced at Eugene and Varian.

Owl followed Cassandra's stare.

Cassandra was pitiful. "They're gonna set things right for Rapunzel. I have no doubt for them." She uttered.

Varian begins to shake lightly in his sleep. He looked scared in his eyes closed.

Cassandra noticed Varian's quivering. She was concerned.

Cassandra crawled to Eugene immediately. She clutched Eugene's shirt. Cassandra goes rocking Eugene's head. "Fitzherbert. Wake up, Fitzherbert." She said in her urgency.

Eugene woke up after he snorted himself. He was tired. "Are we at Corona already?" Eugene asked in his yawn.

Cassandra was peeved. "Fitzherbert, it's Varian. He's having-" she tries to finish her sentence.

Eugene and Cassandra are surprised by Varian's gasping.

Eugene was alarmed. "Varian..." Eugene added. He embraced Varian in his arms. Eugene was shaken Varian gently. "Varian. Varian, please wake up." Eugene begged.

Quirin awakens suddenly. He faced Eugene. Quirin was worried. "Eugene, what's wrong?" Quirin wondered.

Eugene was bewildered. "I don't know..." he added, replying. "Varian was trembling and panting." Eugene utters.

Quirin blinked his eyes once. He crawls to Eugene. Quirin holds Varian's left hand. He can feel his son's vibration. Quirin perceives Varian's shakes. Quirin was more worried. "Eugene, Varian's having a nightmare." Quirin believed.

Eugene was astonished. He efforts to move Varian again. "Varian, wake up. Please, Varian." Eugene pleaded.

Quirin's left hand cupped Varian's right cheek. "Son, open your eyes. Open your eyes please." Quirin begged.

Varian breathes hard a few times. He was sweating swiftly.

Varian's Nightmare Begins;

In the peculiar world with grass and trees, Varian felt the breeze in his face. He instantly opens his eyes. Varian was astounded. "What? Where?" He inquired.

Varian surveys around the area. He was in the field of sunflowers. It was nighttime. Varian glanced down. He has no idea that he was holding something. Varian got a sunflower on his left hand.

He blinked his eyes twice. "What's going on?" Varian added. He viewed around the sunflowers lots of times. Varian was worried. "Dad? Ruddiger? Cassandra? Maximus? Lance? Pascal? EUGENE?" He inquires.

Varian was breathing heavy. He was fearful.

Varian decides to wander around to find anyone.