I'll be here

"S-Shika..." Hashiru said weakly as her body became limp and pass out but luckily Shikamaru was there to catch her.

"H-Hashiru?!" Shikamaru panicked and looked to see if she was breathing. He sighed relief as he realized she was. He picked her up and ran all the way to the nearest hospital.

-1 week later-

Hashiru was in a coma for a week now. Everyday of her not waking up was making Shikamaru worry. Everyday Shikamaru would always come by at the hospital and stay with her. Holding her hand, telling her stories, he even put Hashiru's hand on his hair because he misses her touch.

She always has visitors. Shikamaru, Kakashi, Sai, Yamato, Naruto, Sakura and other teams that she helped from the past.

Shikamaru's POV

I was sitting. Massaging her hand kissing it from time to time.

When was the last time I even slept?

The sound of beeping from the machines was enough to make me tear up.

"From the very first day we met. You took care of me even if we're merely strangers. But I can't even take care of you right now." I said between my sobs.

"Please... I promise I won't be lazy anymore... Just wake up."

I held her hand with both of my hands. Closing my eyes shut as I continue to sob.

That is when...

"Hashiru?!"

I suddenly felt someone put their hand on my hair. I look up as my eyes widen and

there she is...

Looking beautiful as ever.

It's her. She's awake. She looked at me with loving eyes with one sharingan and one of her eye. I smiled as I hugged her.

"Thank God, Hashiru! I thought you're never going to wake up!" I exclaimed.

"Says the one who's always sleeping..." She said weakly as I smiled.

After a few moments I went to call a nurse to check up on her.

-Time Skip-
-Afternoon-
-No one's POV"

Shikamaru, Kakashi, and Tsunade visited Hashiru who was now awake and sitting on the hospital bed.

"Nice eye. Well done, Hashiru." Said Tsunade.

"You copied me..." Said Kakashi jokingly as he pouted which made everyone in the room laugh.

"Looks like I need to cover my eye with my headband too. I'll be the copy ninja 2.0" Hashiru joked.

"So Hashiru... What do you want to be now?" Tsunade asked.

"What do you mean?" Hashiru said.

Shikamaru then stood up and grabbed something in the drawer.

It was a jonin vest. He looked at Hashiru with a gentle smile while she stared with wide eyes.

"How about joining team 10, dear?" Shikamaru asked.

Hashiru looked at Tsunade and Kakashi and they nodded.

Hashiru was unable to speak but used her energy to tackle Shikamaru into a hugged and saying a muffled yes on his neck. All of them laughed and giggled that is when Asuma, Ino, and Choji entered the room.

"Glad to have another girl on our team eeeeek!" Ino screamed.

Time Skip

Hashiru was released from the hospital and is walking with Shikamaru hand to hand and stopped on a hill. They sat down and watched the sunset.

"I still don't get it." Hashiru said and turned to Shikamaru who actually was not staring at the sunset, but staring at her.

"Hm?" Shikamaru tilt his head.

"Why would you go all out for me? I mean, you were willing to let me leave you behind when you were injured and unable to move? Why were you willing to sacrifice your own life for me?" Hashiru asked.

"I could asked the same question to you. Why did you not leave me?" Shikamaru asked back.

Shikamaru inhaled deeply before speaking again.

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find ones worth suffering for." Shikamaru answered.

"They said you changed a lot but in a good way. They said you were not lazy anymore and that you don't sleep that much during the day." Hashiru said as she cupped Shikamaru's cheek.

"You know why?"

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." He said.

They spent another couple or two talking and cuddling until it was late and dark. Shikamaru was babbling about he was lucky to have her over and over again while playing with her hair until he heard light snoring. That's when he chuckled and said...

"Fine, I'm gonna say it.

This isn't such a drag."

It was no longer a thought.