You

No one's POV

A week has passed and Shikamaru can now walk normally. Hashiru and Shikamaru have grown a lot closer to each other and become more comfortable with each other. They are now on the living room floor at 3 pm playing shogi while waiting for Shikamaru's parents to arrive home.

"I'm excited to meet your parents. I wonder what they are like? Do you think they will like me?" Hashiru said. Shikamaru just smiled at the thought of Hashiru being excited about meeting his parents. It made his heart melt.

"They'll love you. They'll probably love you more than me." Shikamaru joked which caused Hashiru to giggle. Again Shikamaru's heart melted. He was very grateful that he was the one making Hashiru laugh.

Soon the door opened making Shikamaru and Hashiru startled and look at the man and the woman.

"Mom, dad! H-hey!" Shikamaru said nervously. Hashiru got up to greet them.

"You must be Shikamaru's parents. I'm Hashimoto Hashiru. I'm an Anbu and had been put on a mission to take care of Shikamaru a week ago." Hashiru smiled but this time a true smile.

Both the man and the woman were left speechless and wide-eyed until one of them spoke. "I told you one day Shikamaru would bring home a girl! In your face Yoshino!" The man said.

"OMG, I love her already! I'm Yoshino Nara and this is my husband Shikaku Nara! Shikamaru you better not hurt her!" Yoshino yelled.

"Don't worry Mr. and Mrs. Nara it was a fun week," Hashiru said. "From now on call us mom and dad!" Said Shikaku.

"Well, it's nice to meet you both. I guess I should be heading home now." Hashiru said but was stopped by Yoshino.

"No no no no you can stay here for a while. I going to bake a cake as a warm welcome to the Nara family. While I'm baking a cake you and Shikamaru can go to his room first." Yoshino said and Hashiru and Shikamaru followed her orders.

Time Skip.

"You were right. They are nice." Hashiru spoke as Shikamaru sat on his bed while Hashiru wandering around his room.

"And I'm also right that they love you more than me." Shikamaru joked.

While Hashiru walked around his room she stumbled on an old school radio. She pushed the button to play some music and begins to play music familiar to Shikamaru which is...

Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley

Shikamaru remembered something a long time ago.

Flashback (5-year-old Shikamaru POV)

I was walking home at 5 p.m. I was playing with Choji until I got bored and decided to go home.

I opened the door to see my mom and dad slow dancing to the music "Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley".

"What a drag. Get a room." I said.

"You know one day you will be doing this as well with the person you love." My dad said.
"If he can even get one." My mom smirked.
"Bet." Shikaku said.

I watched as they continue to slow dance.
They looked at each other full of love. Smiling at each other.

Flashback ends (present-day no one's POV)

Shikamaru got up off his bed to Hashiru. As Hashiru turned around, she saw Shikamaru slightly bowing and offering his hand to her while the music play.

"May I have this dance?" Shikamaru said slightly looking up. Hashiru nodded and took his hand.

Shikamaru guided her to the center of his room taking his time to put her hands on his shoulder as his hands rested on her hips. They begin to dance slowly. Looking at each other full of love. Smiling at each other. They continued to dance not aware that they are falling in love. Hashiru could hear Shikamaru humming to the song which relaxed her. Sometimes would even hear him singing the song. How relaxing.

"Take my hand.." He sang. "Take my whole life too..." He continued but what Hashiru didn't know is that Shikamaru wasn't just singing it. But saying it to her word by word all of it was true.

The song was nearly ending.

For I... (The music playing)

They started to dance slower and slower.

Can't help...

Shikamaru starts to lean closer and closer to Hashiru.

Falling in love...

They both closed their eyes while leaning closer.

With...

They feel each other's breaths. Faces are only inches apart.

Flashback (5-year-old Shikamaru POV)

The song was nearly ending. Still watching my mom and dad dance.

For I... (The music playing)

They started to dance slower and slower.

Can't help...

Dad starts to lean closer and closer to mom.

Falling in love...

They both closed their eyes while leaning closer.

With...

They feel each other's breaths. Faces are only inches apart.

You...

Dad rested his forehead on my mother's forehead both eyes closed and smiling. They stayed in that position for a while. This... This is love.

Flashback ends (present-day no one's POV)

You...

Shikamaru rested his forehead on Hashiru's forehead both eyes closed and smiling. They stayed in that position for a while. But what they didn't know is Shikaku and Yoshino are peaking at the slightly opened door.

"Just like us," Yoshino said.

"Yeah, just like us," Shikaku said.

Shikamaru and Hashiru remained in that position enjoying the comfortable silence.
'If only you knew how much you changed my life.' Shikamaru thought. 'If only you knew that everyday is not a drag with you here.'

This isn't such a drag. He thought