Chapter 1: Jason

Bright lights, that's all I see. Seriously, I hate dances. Why am I even here? Maybe it's because my little sister wanted me to come with her or it's because the girl I'm crazy about is hopefully going to be here? Probably both. I really don't get why Lily enjoys coming to these things. I would expect all the blood to get to her, but I guess it doesn't. I mean, we do go to school, for god's sake. Why couldn't Bobby have brought her instead? Oh yeah, because I 'really' need to get out. I sigh and get up to get some punch when I see her. Alice Harris, the girl I'm in-love with. My breath catches in my throat and I just stand there and watch her. A girl in some slutty lingerie like outfit walks up to me.

"Hey sexy." She purrs. "Wanna see what I can do?"

"No thank you." My voice sounds hoarse and I swallow. Alice has her hand on her brothers arm as they walk across the floor.

"Um, I'm going to get some punch." She tells him, sounding nervous.

"Alice." He catches her arm. "Are you okay?"

She swallows then nods. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just would like some punch."

"I can get it for you." He says but she just shakes her head.

"I can get it myself, but thanks." Then she walks away from him and towards me. I back up so that my back is pressed up to the table. She comes and stands right next to me as she slowly breathes in and out. She grabs the punch spoon and pours some into a cup for herself. I swallow as I watch her drink. She slowly becomes aware of someone watching her and when she looks up she almost drops her glass. I catch it for her.

"I'd be careful if I were you." I grin at her, handing her drink back to her.

"Th-thank you." She stutters then looks down at the ground, embarrassed.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. She looks up and that's when I notice the tears in her eyes. "Oh, Alice, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

She cuts me off. "No, it's fine." Her voice sounds cold. She suddenly narrows her eyes. "Wait. How do you know my name?"

I laugh, I can't help it. "You've really never noticed me before, have you?"

Her eyes widen. "Wait, you're Jason Smith, aren't you?"

I grin. "Finally."

"People told me you were hot but I never-" She blushes when she realizes what she said.

I raise my eyebrow. "You think I'm hot, do you?"

"More like gorgeous." She whispers then clamps a hand down over her mouth, mortified.

I throw my head back and laugh. "It's okay, don't be shy. I think you're beautiful." My jaw tightens as I lower my voice. "I've always thought you were beautiful. Ever since I first saw you."

She raises her eyes to mine. "How old are you?"

I laugh. "I'm 18. How old are you?"

"15." She mutters, not sounding happy about it.

"Oh, don't be so upset. 15 is a great age. I remember when I was 15." Times were a lot different back then, however. That was back in 1743. I had been born in Paris, France.

"Everyone's so much older than me." She crosses her arms across her chest, pouting.

I grin. "It's okay. Did you just turn 15?"