Reality

It was dark and Veronica's thoughts were all over the place, it was like a typical Monday for her, only this time, her thoughts weren't about him anymore. He had drifted away from her memories, at least that's what she told herself, but it was a lie, she knew too well she dreaded for him. Her love was gone, dead and he wasn't coming back.

She thought to herself, day and night, if all the years were worth the pain, the pain of knowing it was gone and forever."How have you been?" Not a question she was going to answer truthfully, she held her head high and with a smile, she answered.

"I'm fine." Was her last response to her one and only best friend named Rachel, as she walked and faded away in the dark hallway.

Rachel, knowing it was a complete lie, held herself back and went with it. She knew it wasn't the time to scold her or even tell her she wasn't fine, that it was alright to grief, to cry and feel the emptiness she knew her friend was feeling, but she feared, she was afraid of pushing her too far. So she waited, they all waited for her to open up.

"Soo? Any luck getting her back down to earth?" Gar joked as he watched the brief conversation, slowly approaching Rachel. "Not the time, Gar." Rachel answered as she rolled her eyes and walked away, leaving a very confused Gar alone in his thoughts.

Not much has changed since the death of Jason. Yes, it felt empty, alone and blue, but life goes on and he'd wanted her to move on, he'd wanted her to cry for his death and get on with her life like a normal person, but the truth is Veronica wasn't a normal person, not even a little close to it. When he died, she died along with him. Not to be dramatic, but its part of losing someone you love dearly.

Veronica's POV

'I miss you.. so fucking much." I thought to myself, as I cried myself to sleep for the fourth time this week. I felt empty and alone, but I needed to move on, so I let out a loud sigh and closed my eyes, as I drifted away, not only to see him again. The thing is, I'm really not a normal person, that's why I am part of the titans.

My dreams, aren't normal, I still can't master it, but they feel real and the majority of the time become real, the tricky part is that I've been wrong a few times, some come with a pattern, appearing on and on, in different places, but the same faces and conversations.

It's a boring power, but Grayson found it useful, plus my fighting skills are always improving, specially since Jason's death, that's how I let out my anger and frustration, my guilt over my powers being useless when it came to Jason.

Ever since last week, I've been dreaming about Jason, but this dreams feel like  just dreams. In a way it feels nice to close my eyes and see him again now and then. I first dreamt about him the first time we met, it was dark and raining, Grayson had sent me to Gotham to investigate on a case with Kory, while I waited for her I thought I'd roam around by myself, until it started raining and I see this open bar, so I go inside and there he was.

Punching a man on the face for Jason hitting on his girl, apparently, when I say it wasn't a pleasant first meting, It wasn't, to be exact he wasn't interested in me at all at first. But after being introduced, it was history, we became close and apart. Then too close, too fucking close.

Tonight's dream, was different, I was at the bar, where we first met, only this time Jason didn't looked like himself. He looked lost, unbothered and cold. I tried calling his name.

But my voice wouldn't come out, I felt stuck in the same position, voiceless and out of breath. Until I heard someone calling my name, I gasped for air and opened my eyes. Just to see a worried Rachel shaking y shoulders to wake up. "VERONICA!WAKE UP!" Was the last scream I heard from Rachel before blacking out, again.

To be continued...

~If anyone is reading I hope you enjoyed and comments are welcomed, also recommend to give this a chance. :) ~