{ Day 17 }

"I'm surprised that you didn't know...' he added raising his eyebrow. "I really don't know...' I shook my head and placed my teacup on the coffee table. He heaved a sigh and stood up to get a book from one of his shelves. The book was rather dusty. He handed me the book and gestured to open it. "This is?' It was a photo album. It's so old that its sides were yellowish. All of the photos were black and white. Some photos had two young men singing, cooking, drawing, and even their birth cards. "Mmm...this is me.' he pointed to the young man next to the other one. I fixed my gaze on the picture and him, they do have similarities. "Then, who's this?' I pointed to another young man sitting next to his younger self. 

"That's, Millie's father. Cole Jhonson.' I stared at the picture wide-eyed, he looks cheerful. He's smiling. "This? Is- Millie's dad?' It was hard to believe, that they got a whole photo album of the two of them. "We used to be best friends, hang around all the time after school. But when he moved to another town, he- forgot who he was, let himself go, and made stupid decisions. His wife stood up for him, and never gave up on him. A strong loving woman she is.' he chuckled and sighed in sorrow. "And then what happened?'  I asked him, hoping to know more. "Well, they got engaged, and grew a business, have a beautiful daughter, but Cole wasn't grateful, not even one bit. Drank until late at night, missed calls and texts from his wife, and sometimes even hit them....when he got home.' he sighed sorrowfully as his vision starts to get blurry. It's so complicated. It's like the information is swallowing me whole.

"Is there a reason why he's like this?' I asked slowly. "Nobody knows except himself...' he turned his gaze at me and showed a weak smile. He closed the photo album shut and slid it into the other books. I have two choices right now, either to tell Amelia about this or keep it to myself for the moment. I walked home and sang along with the birds, trying to clear away all that information. "Em....' my mom called out to me slowly, her voice weak and small. I never talked to her, ever since she threw away all my art supplies. "Emily...' she called out my full name this time. "What?' my voice was rather unpleasant, I haven't forgiven her yet. She walked toward me slowly and threw her arms around me tightly. What does the hug mean? Is she sorry she there away from all of my art supplies? Or did she finally supports me to become an artist?

But in the end...there was nothing...No sorry's or anything. I was merely disappointed. I pushed her away and locked myself in the room. I can't hear anything, not my mom's voice or my sister's. I refreshed the website that Amelia build, and the results were still the same from the last two weeks. "Seriously?' I didn't believe the results at all. Jessica's profile picture popped up on my phone, she's calling. "Hey, what's up?' I answered while refreshing the website over and over. "You're not gonna believe this, I'm actually starting to fall for someone..' She whined over the phone. "Fall for who?' I asked briefly. "Well, the guy from our science tuition class, you know Eric? Eric Williams?' her tone sounds excited. "Look, we're in the middle of a godamn suicide shit and you're telling me your falling in love? No offense, but his name sounds fishy.' I added. "I know, but he is like so sweet and he has a very nice name, do you know he complimented my drawing?' 

I hung up the phone instantly without letting her finish what she was about to say. But...we're in a situation that seems nothing good to be celebrated right now. 

Amelia has been questioned by the police over and over the past few days. She isn't depressed she was just sad, like super sad. Cried in the morning, then continued at night. I know how she feels. What if she changed her attitude towards Millie? 

12:39 pm

Amelia's room was messy. Super messy..actually. She sat next to her bed, with a tissue in her right hand and a photo of Millie and her. "You know...remember that day? You called me a bitch?' she sniffles. "You're right...I'm the bitch...okay?' she cries hard and her tears bleed through the photo.