Chapter 4: Training with Ibiki

"Good morning Ibiki-sensei I brought your favorites" slowly I opened a box of meat and said "ahhhhhh" like angels were flying around as I opened it.

Ibiki took a chunk of chicken and looked up at me from sitting at his desk "What do you want, you can't play mind tricks on me Matsuki."

I rubbed the back of my head and put the box down "Of course not Ibiki-sensei, I was wondering if I could ask you a favor today." I tried to put on a happy smile so he'd consider it.

Ibiki eyed me with a serious look and said "Maybe after we are done with what needs to be completed today."

I walked with sensei to the Hokage's office because he said he had reports to drop off. While in the hallways Ibiki-sensei waved at Asuma-sensei as we passed him and his team.

"Ibiki-sensei wait for me!" I stopped to greet my new friends. "Hey guys are you going on a mission?" Shikamaru fixed his posture and put his hands in his pockets but kept his eyes closed. Choji was munching on a new flavor of potato chips and Ino ran up to me.

"Yes but just one around the village what are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm just dropping off reports to Hokage-sama probably gonna get more while we are at it too." Shikamaru peeked his eyes at this, maybe he had a question but he didn't ask anything.

"Matsuki let's hurry this along we have things to do today" Ibiki interrupted our reunion

"Bye guys I'll catch ya later!" I waved and ran back to Ibiki.

"Friends of yours?" Asked Ibiki

"Yup I've known Ino my whole life, she's my cousin. I just recently met the others. I was in a different class than them so I don't know most of the clan kids."

Ibiki knocked on the door but we were greeted with loud yelling inside. "Bah, you always lecture me like your my grandfather or something!" I eyed Ibiki and he sighed as the door opened.

"Ah Ibiki here to drop off reports with Matsuki again I see." The both of us bowed

"Yes Hokage-sama anything for us to pick up as well?" Ibiki asked as he handed the Hokage the reviewed reports. I could tell the ninja team besides us was watching but I tried my best not to make eye contact. Their teammate was just complaining and yelling, it would be so awkward if I smiled at them.

"I don't have anything for you, come back again tomorrow. I'll have more then." we bowed once more and left the building.

"Matsuki I want to do a mock interrogation with you today, it's something new and maybe a little draining are you okay with that?"

"Yes Ibiki-sensei!" "Okay then I'll have you in a genjutsu you're to treat this as a real interrogation it's the best way to get better at it since you won't be doing any real ones yet. Use tactics you've seen me use and understand. I'll evaluate you on what needs to be improved on."

Ibikis pov~

I knew she would not do too great at interrogation, it's her first. Her chakra control was finally good enough to try something like this. Genjutsu can be draining and he didn't want her to suffer from chakra exhaustion.

The scenario is overall simple enough for her. A robber with a trusted accomplice that hasn't been captured yet, has to admit where he hid the stolen goods. The room was similar to the interrogation room I use myself, but to make Matsuki more comfortable I dimmed the lights in the observation room so she didn't have to feel pressured.

Ibiki had patience, it was okay if she failed this but even if she got one thing out the "man" he'd see that as a win.

Matsuki walked up to the man strapped down to a chair. Her face was serious no longer the friendly one he's used to. It could use some work to be scary but a good start. She walked around the room slowly eyeing the man taking in his body cues. She noticed the man didn't make eye contact and would often shift his feet in different directions. Once Matsuki found herself comfortable, she told the man that his trusted accomplice had been captured and already told them where the stolen good were hidden, but still wanted to see what she could squeeze from him. The man's eyes widen in disbelief.

"Oh yeah, he just told us everything when we said we'd do him a favor. Funny of him to think that." The man shifted his feet and Matsuki pushed more. "He told us how you two planned it, to rob Konoha's Jewelry store chain when no one was looking, while the vendors were out for lunch." The man looked down.

Matsuki felt in control 'this is usually what happens when Ibiki-sensei interrogates.'

"He'd never rat me out!"

"Oh yeah? We told him we'd give him the money he was going to get by selling the jewels. Nothing worse than a money-hungry man. He'd probably do just about anything, to rat out someone, wouldn't even be a pebble in the road."

The man was now shifting in his chair uncomfortably, thinking if his friend actually ratted him out. Matsuki looked more scary trying to sell her story and to make the man shift more. He was sweating and stated, "I'm not a money-hungry man that's not why I did this I'm not like him!" The man was turning red. Matsuki looked deeper into his eyes and asked why else would he join hands with someone like that. "I had people to feed! I thought that if I just hid the jewels next to my bed no one would find out and I'd be able to feed the people that rely on me that's all!"

The genjutsu broke and Matsuki felt all the chakra that was drained but was supported by Ibiki who came by her side. He smiled down at her and told her she did a good job 'fit enough to become a strong kunoichi' Ibiki thought.

Her chakra was steady but still weak. Of course, she'd get used to them the more she did this so Ibiki wasn't worried. He gave her a piggyback ride home and asked "Matsuki what was that favor you wanted?"

"I want to find my friend Genji I haven't seen him around lately."

Ibiki nodded and noted to take a look into it for his student. He dropped her off at home and greeted Matsuki's mom when she answered the door.