Chapter 21: Friends?

Chapter Twenty One- Friends?

April 26 2015

**

Jung Mieun's Point of View

"What?"

I stared at him with a baffled expression. What is he saying? He doesn't want me to hangout with Suzy? My lips curved downwards into a frown, I don't get him. There's no clear reason why he doesn't want me to go with her and I don't see anything bad about it.

He's just becoming unreasonable.

I swallowed the forming lump in my throat and tried to ease the abnormal pounding of my heart.

"Why?" I asked when he didn't reply.

He turned around to me the scowl not leaving his face.

"You don't have to know why." He retorted.

The pounding of my heart increased as I clench my hands in fists, that's invalid. So invalid. Why would I agree to what he wants if I don't know the reason why? This is very unacceptable, I won't obey his orders now.

"If that's the case," I started trying my best not to stutter.

I heaved a deep sigh and closed my eyes, "Then I shouldn't do what you want."

I slowly opened my eyes to see what reaction he made and it seems like anticipating for a reaction was wrong. Much to my dismay, his face remained stoic the frown playing against his lips long gone. Disappointment washed over myself and overwhelmed the abnormal beating of my heart.

Since when did I start expecting a reaction from him?

I bit my lip and lowered my gaze from Baekhyun's icy stare, cowering in somewhat fear from the intense aura emitting from him. Lately, he seemed more expressive but remained aloof at the same time. It's been awhile since I last saw Baekhyun staring at me with his signature icy stare.

"Fine." He muttered, the tone lacing with obvious coldness.

"If you want to hangout with her, then go."

The words felt like knives stabbing my chest, piercing right through my heart. Baekhyun shrugged nonchalantly and turned his heels walking away from me. I stared at his back with a gaping mouth and eyes dilated in utter surprise.

'What was...that?'

I watched him continue walking never looking back as his figure disappeared from my sight, I felt my knees weaken as I drop to the ground. The words he uttered was supposed to be allowing me to go with her but why does it sound like he's making me choose.

It also sounded like he doesn't care anymore.

But when did he even started caring?

My chest felt tight and heavy as if there's weight on it, then suddenly it was hard to breathe. Does Baekhyun have to always make me feel like this?

Always out of breath.

If I said those words to another person, they would probably persuade me not to go and eventually say the reason. But why am I so shocked at how Baekhyun reacted? It's Byun Baekhyun we are talking about, of course it's expected that he would react like this.

His response would be like this.

Different from others.

And void from emotions.

Normally, if it was someone else who had uttered the words he said it would be relieving and allowing. But why do I feel so... nervous?

I shook my head, "This is stupid."