CHAPTER 2

KEISHA'S POV

Today is the first day of our weekend getaway. I'm very excited. I heard a car honk a few minutes after I'd cleaned up, and my phone rang immediately after. As I answered the phone, I said, "hi." "Come down, bitch." At the end of the call, my friend Shanae shouted, "We're waiting for your ass." "Bitch please! Why the fuck are you screaming in my ear so early? " I ask, putting my phone away from my ear. Anyway, I'll be down in a few minutes. "Hello, Yolanda," I said, greeting my other friend, the group's mother. I hurriedly hung up the phone, gathered my belongings, double-checked that everything was in order, locked the apartment, and walked down. Shanae screamed my name and ran up to me to give me a hug when I got down. "Ohhhh sis, I've been missing you." Shanae said, "It's been a long time." "Oh, Shanae, please, shut the fuck up, it's just been a day." "Don't get started, you two," Yolanda said as she approached me and hugged me. We talked for a minute before loading the suitcases into the car, and Yolanda started driving.

"Where are we going guys?" I questioned and Yolanda told me it was a surprise and shall see when we get there. I swear, I love these two. "At the very least, you could tell me how long it will take us to get there." "Five or six hours now can you shut the fuck up?" Shanae screamed. The whole way there, we sang and danced to music. "We've arrived," Yolanda announced, and I peered out the window and saw a paradise. She came to a halt, and some men came over to assist us with our luggage, and we made our way to check in.

We were all given distinct room keys, which surprised us because we generally share the same suite. We were all exhausted and needed to sleep, and it was getting late. "All of our rooms are just across from one another. We'll sleep for the night and meet here at 8 a.m. the next morning." Yolanda told us. We agreed, hugged, and said our goodbyes before retiring to our own rooms.