Chapter 61: Worth Living

Start from the beginning

I completely ignore the others, answering Mason's question instead.

If I'm entirely honest I hate the idea of Maeve even being close to that fucker. I know she's a mafia boss and all but truly...

Does it look like I give a fuck? Being a mafia boss doesn't mean you're immortal.

I just want her to be safe for fuck sake.

I would rather let myself get hurt than I'd let anything happen to mi amore. I promise that.

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"What about this one?" I call out for Isabella and Leah who are sitting on a couch while I try on several dresses.

I'm wearing one of the many white bride dresses, the dress shaped in a mermaid-like style.

Leaves are formed all over the train of the dress, the fabric trailing behind me as I approach the two women.

The dress exposes most of my back, the rest hugging my curves as I skim my fingers over the figures.

I don't know about this one.

"What do you think of it, dear?" Isa asks me and I sigh, leaning my head to the side as my hands graze over the many patterns on the dress.

"Do you like it?" Leah adds.

The fabric feels soft but shabby at the same time.

"It's pretty but..." I breathe eyeing myself in the mirror, "I don't feel like this dress is the one."

You know what scrap that- All these white dresses don't feel like the one. White is just a basic colour and it doesn't look good on me like other colours do.

Oh my God, what if I wear a red wedding dress? Red is the colour that suits me the most.

Leah sends me a comforting smile before they both stand up, "If you want we could check for dresses at one of my friend's shops, she's a professional. Trust me." Isa smiles.

"And just so you know, we don't have to get white dresses. Choose any colour you want." She winks at me like she read my mind.

I nod my head, "Alright."

Isabella's mouth forms a thin line and I narrow my eyes waiting for her to say what she wants to say, "My friend's shop is in Italy."

My mouth opens even though I have nothing to say, my eyes blinking as I try to comprehend her words, Leah's eyes widening.

"We'll be staying for just a few days," She tells me and my eyes fall towards the door where Silas is waiting for me on the other side.

I don't really want to leave him, let alone go to Italy without him.

"It's fine if you don't want to, dear. No pressure," Isa smiles and I shrug the anxiety off my shoulders.

"Alright, I'll go. Leah?" I ask the ginger-haired girl, a smile dancing on Isa's lips when she hears my answer.

"Yeah, of course." Leah replies, sending me a huge smile.