Chapter [39]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

For the rest of the stream, me and Clay stay in the same position, conversing with George and Sapnap normally, ignoring our racing hearts.

Once it ends, and we say our goodbyes to the other two, the room becomes pitch black. The silence was loud aside from our loud heartbeats and soft breathes.

"Mars-?" He breathes out softly, after a while.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure- Go ahead."

"What- How do you feel about the fact that I am so physical-? Like right now, or when I randomly pull you into hugs or when- when I kiss your cheek-?"

"...That's one way to put me on the spot, Dre"

He laughs slightly at that. "It's just me and you here, Mars. And maybe Patches if she's being a creep right now and hiding somewhere in the room. And maybe Leo, since he follows Patches around."

I chuckle at his attempt to make the tension less thick. "To answer your question. I don't mind you being physical. In fact, I like it. Physical contact is your love language... I like that."

Saying that took all my strength. Thank god it was dark right now. My face is burning red.

"Hm, then how do- how would you feel if I started flirting with you-?"

My breath hitched. God damn it. Is he actually going in right now? Am I ready??

My heart started beating faster than I thought was possible.

"What do you mean, Clay?" I ask softly, as I sat up, looking at the silhouette of his face.

He also sat up. Facing me, and I could see his eye's clearly now.

"What I mean is that I like you Marley. Not only are you one of my best friends, but also the girl I found out I had a crush on since after the first night we danced in the rain. Every time I see you, I forget to breathe. And my heart runs a marathon."

I look away for a second, not being able to keep the eye contact. But I wanted to respond to his confession. He did something I couldn't, but deeply wanted to.

I liked him. A lot.

I looked back over at Clay to say it, But I stopped in my tracks as his eyes bore into mine.

We are merely inches apart. The gap between us closing in continuously.

I don't know, which one of us was leaning in, but I didn't have any intentions to stop and move away.

His eyes were asking for a silent permission as he lingered a few centimetres away. I gave a slight nod, letting him in.

And within the flutter of a second, our lips touched.

Goosebumps covered my arms as his hand found my cheek. He tipped my chin up a little more, deepening the kiss.

His hand then slid to the back of my neck. His other hand sneaking under my hoodie, settling over my bare waist.

The cold fingers made a shiver run down my spine.

All the while, his warmth swallowed me whole.

The kiss lasted for a few lingering seconds more, before we had to stop to breath.

The butterflies turned into killer moths by now.

A small smile slowly crept into his lips as our eyes refuse to break from each others.

"I really- really like you Marley." He uttered "From our first encounter, the laughs, the inside jokes, the comfortable silence, even just existing near each other. Every moment together, you managed to captivate me. To the point I can't stop thinking about you."

His smile becomes more sincere as he says the words "I really want you."

It takes me a while to answer due to the huge lump in my throat.

"I- I really like you too, Clay." I say in a small whisper "Those were some fancy words."

He holds me to his chest, a deep rumble of a laughter bubbles out of him. I wrap my arms around him, as the sun rises a little higher every second.

»»——⍟——««

[Author]    *'I really like you' starts playing

THEY FINALLY KISSED!! ...I am going to act like I am not the one who made them kiss so late haha. Deal with it love <3.

Also, thank you, ximenav124 and a1leexxa for so many votess!! I love you!! Drink some water and stay healthy!

P.S. A hint: This is not the end lol

»»——⍟——««