Chapter [9]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

"So, what was it that you called me over for?" Amily asked.

We were chilling in the sofa, as I wondered how I should start.

I heaved a sigh and started.

"So, remember how a year and a half back, we were joking about your thing for gamers and I joked that I'll become one? Yeah so, I actually went through with it, which was an impulsive decision. And I was still kind of unsure about being a full-time streamer, so I didn't end up telling you. But by the time I wanted to, it was kind of late and I didn't know how to bring it up, and I am so sorry-" I started but was cut off by Amily.

She jumped at me and we fell down the sofa. I didn't know what that meant, so I let Amily talk first.

"YOU FINALLY SAID IT. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. BUT WHY ARE YOU SO NERVOUS? MARCELINE, YOU ARE PRETTY DAMN FAMOUS AND HOT! " She finally said and started giggling like a fangirl.

I was confused. And surprised. And nervous. And confused.

"You- you knew? What? How? When?" I tried to get her to answer.

But she took her sweet time laughing before answering "I know due to a few things actually; do you want me to list them?" She asked, smirking.

I vigorously nodded my head, practically begging her to tell me.

And she listed a few things, proud of herself for being the new Sherlock Holmes.

✧ Noticed the boxes, when she came to my house to hang out.
✧ Knew it was expensive due to the fact that I ranted to her about having to look for another temporary job around that time.
✧ She wasn't drunk either, which is why she remembered our conversation from that night very well. So, she found the irony funny when there was new streamer called MARceline a few days later. [Apparently, I am not really creative at naming. ugh.]
✧ It was a faceless streamer [meaning there was a chance that she was insecure]
✧ The fact that my voice AND personality is similar to Marceline.
✧ And that suddenly when Marceline started to be more and more well-known, I quit both my jobs.
✧ Gave her vague answers when she asked what job I had then.
✧ Always acted weird when things related to Minecraft was mentioned.
✧ She also said, and I quote 'I know my best friend more than I know myself, Marley.'

I gulped.

This girl was scary good.

"That is- you are- aren't you mad that I didn't tell you?" I asked, cautiously.

"Nope." She started, grinning from ear to ear. "I know you. I know that you were unsure and you probably overthought about this a lot. I also knew that you had to do this yourself, so I waited for you to tell me yourself."

I held back tears. God.

"Marley, you had to go at your own pace. And you finally made it. I am proud of you. And happy that you told me. Because I feel really special" She continued, smiling warmly "You have no reason to be nervous. Did you know that you ramble when you are either excited or nervous??"

And I couldn't hold the tears back anymore.

I hugged her tight as the tears escaped. She is literally the sweetest most caring person I ever met. She deserved the world. And I feel lucky that I met her.

"I love you, Amils" I sobbed in her shoulder. She held me tight and patted my back, "I love you too. But I have a confession, I might have, sort of, gotten impatient near the end. Hence, why I started pestering you into Minecraft." She confessed.

There was silence and then we started laughing hysterically.

Fuck Dream.

Amily is my lifeline.