Chapter [27]

[His POV]
»»——⍟——««

"I am thinking, Marcy? Hm, yeah let's do Mars next!" I exclaimed, excited to use the new number once again.

This time, I'll be sure to pay attention to her voice.

I pull out the number, even though I didn't need to. I had practically memorised it when she first sent the number.

I read out the number and Marley slowly typed it in.

"...Clay? Are you sure it's ok-? I mean she uses a voice changer doesn't she-? What if we call someone else-" Marley asked, hesitantly.

"Yes! Don't worry about it! She gave us her number herself. Which means she's finally opening up to us." I smiled sincerely. "And it's fine, I talked with her before."

"...If you say so-" She dialled the number, and I noticed how less energetic Marley had gotten.

I muted the mic and asked "Are you ok? Do you feel tired?"

She shook her head "Nope, I just feel thirsty, here" She hands me her phone and gets up "I'll go grab water and be right-"

Before she could finish her sentence though, a ring sounds around the apartment. It wasn't my phone and Marley's phone was still dialling.

I looked up at her, questioningly.

"...Oh! Sorry! I have to get that! That's my work phone." She said as she practically bolted to her room.

I returned my attention back to the phone, still dialling in my hand.

Weirdly enough, Marcy wasn't picking up. Huh. Did she fell asleep already?

Welp. I can't use her number today, I guess.

I scrolled through my phone to find others numbers.

"Yeah, Ok, I'll get back to you with it. Mhm, goodbye!" I hear Marley talk into the phone. She then plugged in the charger and came back to where we were sitting.

"How did the prank go?" She asked.

"Well, sadly, she didn't pick up. Guess she fell asleep or something." I pouted, just for some extra drama.

Marley chuckled and pushed me by my shoulder "You are so dramatic." She rolled her eyes and I laughed.

"Ok so! It's either Karl or Quackity or Bad next! You choose." I held up three fingers and she chose the taller one. "Karl it is!"

After a while of calling people, we decided to stop, because it was physically demanding to laugh so much.

"I can't believe Amily fell for that" Marley giggled from on top of the couch.

"Me neither, George will be shocked to find out that his favorite model is so gullible" I joked from the floor.

We were laying down just talking now.

I liked this atmosphere.

"She's not that gullible- Wait what do you mean?" She asked, peering from over the side, at me.

"What?" I returned, confused.

"Favorite model?" She asked again.

I nodded "Yeah, Georgie has had a little crush on her for ages now"

She gaped "No way."

"What?" I asked for the second time.

She suddenly started giggling like a school girl. "Amily likes Georgé too! Has liked him for almost a year now!"