Chapter 16: Pre-Spain Roam Around Arenaflame Village

Sagittarius' Point of View

Where were the three fire signs when the others were gathering info about aviation museums in Spain? Oh, we stayed at the house. And explored the grocery store.

"What are we supposed to do?" I wondered out loud. Leo was playing with her hair and Aries was asleep. Leo spoke up, "I am a bit hungry, but there's no food since none of them have come back yet."

Since some of us worked at a café and at a pizza place, we were never starving. We used to bring home food as well, but since the restaurant closed, we had nothing to contribute. And it also means we haven't had breakfast yet.

"Should we buy some food?" I asked. Leo thought for a moment. "Aries doesn't like anything that requires effort unless its for himself," Leo reasoned. "But then again, he's probably hungry too."

"Right. Let's ask him," I nodded. "Uh... how do we do that, actually? Wake him up?"

"Is there any other choice?" Leo asked. I looked at her hesitantly, "No, but doesn't he usually wake up in a grumpy mood when he doesn't get enough sleep? Actually nevermind. I want to see his grumpy face!" Not wasting any moment, I sprinted up and ran towards Aries, smacking his head, "Wake up! We're going shopping!"

Moments later Leo and I were skipping along the streets, Aries being dragged by yours truly, his arms crossed and a pout on his face. I giggled. Yes, giggled, why? It's not a feminine term!! Fine. Chuckled. "You little child! I know you're immature, but I didn't think you were this immature!"

"Yes, exactly what he said," Leo was laughing as well. Aries groaned and stood up, about to walk away and leave.

"It's already too far to go back," I teased. He sighed and followed us, motioning for me to give him a piggyback ride. I tried not to giggle chuckle again and let him be carried on my back. "To the store we go!"

~~~

"Hey, you can let me down now!" Aries exclaimed. I nodded and helped him get down from my back. He was surprisingly taller than me. Huh. Well okay then.

I looked at Leo, "What do you want to eat?"

"These humans seem to have an uncontrollable attraction to food. Especially the round huge ones with different toppings, commonly spread with tomato sauce," she replied, putting a finger up and sounding like she was a teacher and we were her students. "So maybe we should ask for some of that?"

"It might be delicious," I agreed. Aries tilted his head, "You mean pizza? You do know that's where the air signs work right, and that they serve pizza in their restaurant... right?"

"But what if they see us and think we're just slacking off?" Leo asked, "I simply cannot bare the shame!"

"She simply cannot bare the shame," Aries repeated, sighing, "I know a place. If you want, I can show the two of you."

Leo and I exchanged glances, "Yes, please!"

~~~

It looks like...

"Arenaflame Village!" I exclaimed. "The place we'd visit once in a lightyear!"

Ah, Arenaflame Village. Despite its name, it was a park, a park with flaming archways. There were statues of soldiers with torches and swords with fire on their tips. Three statues, to be precise. We'd pretended that these three would be the three of us, the three fire signs of the western zodiac.

Aries nodded, "No one else has visited this place except us, the fire signs."

"Ah, I remember this place! Aries, you were the one who discovered it! Then you disappeared often from zodiac meetings, so Sagittarius and I finally decided to follow you, and you would be here!"

"Yeah..." Aries nodded again, staring into the blue sky.

"Hmm?" I asked, tilting my head and looking at him, "You okay, bud? You're zoning out."

Leo smirked, "Are you thinking of anybody in particular?"

"No!" Aries perked up, "I'm not as weak as you amateurs."

"Ah, but you're underestimating us. We aren't just amateurs, we're nosy amateurs, aren't we, Le?" I asked. She nodded, "Very, very nosy amateurs who always know when something's wrong with our friend."

"Friend, huh? Well, you're not wrong about that."

"He loves us, Leo!" I grinned, just before Aries poured out all his uh... 'love problems', as Leo quoted.

~~~

After our talk, which lasted longer than I expected, we walked home with heavy feet. Sure enough, all of them had already arrived. I'm just glad I bought pizza, or else none of us would have anything to eat.

"My, my, how things have turned around!" Leo said, "Why is it that we have something to lay on your plates, when you part-time workers have bought nothing?"

"Did you know how tiring it was to just lie around in the house all day?" I added.

"Yeah, real tiring," Aries said.

"Excuse you!" Virgo exclaimed, "We were going to work, not feeding you who didn't contribute."

"Hey, we bought pizza, remember?"

"And that I'm grateful for."

"Ooh, grateful for!" I nudged Aries. But then I remembered what he said earlier, "Actually, nevermind. A-Anyway, what information did you all get from your jobs?"

"We found you a new job," Capricorn replied. "Luckily, Mary Claire knows a museum nearby, and we asked if the three of you could work there. They said that they would interview you in a week, enough time to collect the Air Signs' items from Spain."

Gemini nodded, "Yep! Museo de Aeronáutica y Astronáutica is the name of the aviation museum we'll be visiting in Spain!"

"And," Libra added, "we'll be going there by plane. There's an airport near our location, which we can go to tomorrow after we've packed our uh... handful of things."

That's the thing, you see. Master only gave us a few things. A few crucial things that we can't leave behind. Aside from the things that were already in this house, like magazines and furniture.

"Well, that's arranged," Aries said as he uncrossed his arms and stood up, taking the last slice of pizza up to his room.

I winked at the group, "No worries, I'll make sure he's more enthusiastic tomorrow!"

"'Counting on you, Sag!" Gemini cheered. I blushed and followed Aries.

"Hey, hey! What's going on? I asked him. "If this is about what we talked about earlier, I'm not buying any of it!"

"That's the thing about you! What we talked about earlier, it wasn't just applied to... 'you-know-who'. My problem isn't just her, it's you as well! I'm sick of your attitude, trying to mask your grief by smiling."

I was taken aback, "I'm not masking anything, Aries!" I said, grabbing the pizza in his hand and chowing it down.

"Yow da wan mashking yor," I gulped down the slice I was chewing, "You're the one masking your insecurities with your anger! Being happy doesn't mean you're not tough anymore! It just makes you even tougher."

For once, he couldn't say anything.

Sensing my job was done, I walked to room nine to begin packing my things, right after shouting, "Thanks for the pizza!"