Chapter 2: Cafe Crew and Resto Recruits

In Taurus' Point of View

"Wow!" I exclaimed, "So what's this called?" I asked, pointing to a white semi-circle shaped object with a handle; It was used to pour tea or coffee in.

Out of all the zodiac signs, I was the most unfamiliar to earth. Yesterday was the first day on the café job, and it was also the tour day or just a dry run. I mistook a lot of things for the other, like pouring tea on the cake because I thought it was the frosting.

"That is a cup, dear," the café owner said, "I'm very grateful to have you four working here, thank you."

"It's really nothing, Ma'am. You're the one paying us a lot," Virgo smiled, "If anything, we should be the ones thankful for you."

I started to think that girl had dupli-personalities since we were kids, but I was pretty much wrong. She says she 'simply changes moods every now and then', but I thought she just liked Aries, which is why they insult each other a lot. But then again, she insults everyone. Everyone insults each other. What even was I worried about?

"That's very kind of you to say, dear. Oh my! Taurus, the kettle is boiling!"

"Kettle? What's that again? Uhh... Ah! That one!" I shouted, pointing at the weird-shaped object where they put water in.

Panic arose in me, but I managed to keep cool. I breathed in and out and counted to three, something I always did to keep calm. Besides, Earth Signs are known for being calm and down-to-earth. I rushed to where it was and put the kettle away from the fire, "I have it under control, Ma'am!"

I walked over to where Scorpio was. He was arranging some flowers for the tables.

"Scorpio, this is so nice! We're working together," I grinned. We were childhood best friends, but I guess some people change. The boy had turned a bit more secretive and kept to himself most of the time, whereas I grew louder and more approachable than he is. But hey, I guess we're still friends, right?

"Yeah, it's really great working with someone who almost set the café on fire," Scorpio said sarcastically, "Really great."

I just laughed and glanced at Capricorn, who was even quieter than Scorpio. He used to engage in conversations and even broke apart arguments. Since the day we all unpacked in the new house, which was uh... the day before yesterday, everyone changed. Maybe even me.

"Cap, what's gotten you all frowny-faced?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm alright. The workplace is really sunny, are you sure it's alright to let Scorpio stay?" he asked.

I noticed that he changed the topic; Something really must be going on. Earth Signs understood each other in a way, like other signs understand their own element.

"I'll make sure the air-conditioning is enough to make sure he doesn't get too hot."

It's weird how the fire signs can't stay too long in the cold, how the water and air signs can't stay too long in the hot, and us earth signs are fine in any weather. But we're allergic to plastic.

"Alright then. If you'll excuse me, please," Capricorn said, making his way to another table to clean.

I could tell something really was going on by the tone of his voice. But what in the cosmos could it be?

"We have customers," Virgo announced, and went to open the door, "Good morning. How can I he- Leo, Sagittarius! Come in."

She went outside after Leo and Sagittarius went inside.

"Why'd she go?" I asked.

"Scolding Aries," Leo laughed, "Anyway, it's break time at the resto. What are all of you up to? Good morning, Miss MC."

The café owner, Mary Claire, was sometimes nicknamed MC. Especially since her daughter was Marie Anne: MA.

"Good morning," MC smiled, "Oh! Is it 10 AM already?! I'll be going to deliver something, dearies. If someone calls, please answer it and deliver what he or she asks for. And you already know how to manage customers."

She left without saying anything else, and Virgo stepped back inside, dusting her hands.

"Oh hey, the phone is ringing," she noticed.

"Right! I'll answer it, can I?" I asked.

"Go on," Capricorn nodded.

"Don't forget to ask for his name and address in the end," Scorpio reminded.

"Good morning! This is the M&M Café; how can I help?" I greeted.

I was surprised to hear an old man's voice on the other side of the line, "Hello. I would like to ask if you could make a delivery? May I please have the Blueberry Chess-Cake and Honey Drop Tea?"

"Of course, Sir! Your order will be made right away. May I have your name and addre-"

"Thank you! Have a good day, Taurus!"

Before I knew it, the call ended.

"He hung up before I could take his name and address," I groaned, "But he said he wanted the Blueberry Chess-Cake and Honey Drop Tea."

I saw Mary Claire baking a Blueberry Chess-Cake yesterday! She said it was a play on words. Chess-cake was supposed to be 'Cheesecake', but because this café made the cake look a bit like a chess board, they changed the name.

"Maybe he's in the list of previous deliveries?" Sagittarius suggested.

"I don't think we have that," Capricorn said. I looked at him and gasped. We didn't have a list of previous deliveries. How were we supposed to find the man's address, or figured out where he lived?

I couldn't help but shout, "How in the name of Universia will we find this man now?!"