Chapter 3: Mayhem in the Pizza Place

In Gemini's Point of View

Delivery hat: On!

Coat with the store's logo: Check!

Pizza bag (with the pizza inside): Yup!

Big smile: You know it!

I'm all good to go! "Be careful!" Aquarius shouted as I ran out the door and rushed to my delivery. Yep. I'm the pizza-man, er... pizza-girl. "Oh wow," I laughed once I got back in the pizza place, "Wow, as in 'Wow, that was unexpected'."

Libra was balancing over a hundred cups and plates on her head with the customers cheering her on. She looked like she was terribly sweating. "What's happening?" I asked Aquarius.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Libra here figured out she can balance everything on her head. A B.H. customer dared her to balance as much as she can on her head, and now it just keeps going on."

B.H. stood for Black Hole, and back up in the sky we used it to describe people with rude behavior. "But she has stage fright!" I exclaimed. "Well? Are you going to do something about that?" Aquarius asked. That boy had a weird way of encouraging people to do something. It's like he hides his emotions well, but won't hesitate to help others out, so it comes out like he's mean. Of course, he's only trying to help.

I went to the middle of the place and declared, "Libra, someone needs you round back. Everyone please make your way back to your seats."

The crowd slowly disappeared, and the people disappointedly went back to their seats. I hate seeing people frown because of me! It just makes me feel guilty for the rest of the day, 'know what I mean?

Me and Libra went to the kitchen.

"Where's the 'Big Pepperoni'?" I demanded. Big Pepperoni was what we called our manager, but we codenamed him because none of us knew his real name. He hardly ever shows up the past 2 days I started working here, and his assistant was kind enough to welcome me, Aqua, and Libs on his behalf.

I was going to demand plead to just let Libra work in the kitchen instead of as a waitress. Libra asked to work in the kitchen the first day, but the manager insisted she work as a waitress despite her major shyness.

"Back room. Way back behind the last door. That's his office, see if he's there and if he's not, he probably skipped work," the head cook said. He was usually quiet but turned his head whenever he heard 'Big Pepperoni'. Let's just say, they're rivals.

I nodded and went to the back room. It was very dark and there was no light switch in sight.

"Hello?" I called out.

A cold breeze greeted me as I opened the door. I shivered.

"Y-You know... n-never mind..." I said, almost whispering, as I left.

I suddenly realized that I left Libra in the kitchen. I ran to where I left her, and she disappeared. I looked over to the small couch where the cooks can rest, and there she was. All of the cups, plates, and trays were still balanced on her head, almost as if they were glued.

"Impressive," I applauded.

"Gemini, can you help me bring these to the sink?" the girl asked in her quiet voice, "I think I might drop it all if I move."

"Sure thing, girl, no problem," I smiled and got to work, "You know..." I said as I finished with the final trays, and the dishwasher was full, "I think you should get a turn in pizza delivery with me," I suggested.

"NO way," Libra laughed, her voice getting louder and louder by word, "No way!! I'll just mess up my words."

That girl gets louder and less shy once you get to know her, otherwise, she's just a stammering, clumsy being.

"You mean like when you talk with Capricorn?" I teased.

Libra blushed, "N-No! Much worse than that! I might drop the pizza on the customer or forget to ring the doorbell or get chased by a dog."

She shivered.

"About dogs. Are you really still scared of those canines?" I asked.

"Their teeth are so sharp, and they run so fast... How do mortals manage to pat them on the head, fully trusting them when they could bite them any second?!" she exclaimed. She started rocking herself on the chair.

"I'll take that as a yes," I laughed, "Nothing will harm you with me around!" I said defensively, "Trust me, nothing. Well, I must get going now. I think I have another delivery to make."

Libra nodded, and she also stood up, dusting off her red pizza-themed attire and straightening her hair, "I'll get going too. One of the customers asked for water and I just remembered."

"Good luck!" I called out and walked out of the kitchen.

Aquarius suddenly appeared behind me.

"Gah!" I screamed, "You shouldn't sneak up on people like that!"

He stuck his tongue out and went back inside the kitchen. Did I mention that boy had teleportation?

I gave my skirt a pat and took the delivery box, "Maybe I should ask for a bike."

"That'd be so cool!" the other pizza guy said, "It'll be easier than walking, and it'll be decades before I'm allowed to ride a motorcycle."

"How old are you anyways?" I asked, striking up another smooth conversation. "23 and proud of it," the boy huffed. My jaw dropped. "23?! I'm a minor..." I said sheepishly.

"I don't see those every day. Believe me, I live with ancient people~"

I laughed, "I think that's cool too. How come there weren't any bikes around here in the first place?"

"Bikes aren't that common here, didn't you know? But hey, it's a good idea. I'll ask Big Pep someday. On that note, let's start the deliveries, eh?"

"Yeah!" I cheered. "I'm relying on you for cheering spirit," I remembered Aquarius saying, "This place would be very bland without you, Gem."

"Hey? Hey, are you okay?" the pizza guy asked, "Hello-o?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. 'Just remembered something," I said.

Why am I daydreaming about Aqua anyways? Let's get to work!