Chapter 13: Marine Aquatic Museum

In Pisces' Point of View

I stared out the window. It was raining hard that day, and we all knew why.

Cancer and I owned up to the rest of the Western Zodiac. Scorpio wouldn't return even if he wanted to, that was what we thought. Maybe he was captured, but that wouldn't have happened to him.

"So, you tell me not to go on my own and you let Scorpio slip away from the group?" Aries complained.

I bit my lower lip and nodded slightly. "I knew nothing would go wrong, but he didn't tell us he would come back."

"He didn't tell us he wouldn't either," Cancer added, trying to lighten the mood.

"We could track him down?" Gemini suggested. "It would be fun! But it is also something none of us know how to do..."

"And teleporting to a location a person will cause some major disruptions in this Earth," Aquarius added.

"Cancer suggested to look in the Marine Aquatic Museum, maybe that's where Scorpio went?" I asked. Taurus didn't waste any time and ran outside, braving the rain that blocked her sight. I went after her but was blinded by the fog as well.

I couldn't see where I was headed, but I kept walking anyways. It was like my feet were being dragged into the unknown, the fog was leading me somewhere. I forgot all about my powers up until now.

I parted the rain and made it all disappear. I could see that Taurus was not far from where I was standing, and immediately hugged her. Her olive-green dress was soggy, and her hair was dripping wet. Mine was as well, but not as hers.

"Taurus, we'll find him," I reassured.

The girl simply nodded. I've never seen her this quiet. I could see that Libra was right behind me.

"You're here too?" I asked. Libra smiled, "Taurus doesn't want to lose the one she loves. I'll gladly help her find him again."

I knew that Libra and Capricorn had a spark between them, but something was going on. I've only recently heard the news that Capricorn rejected her. And besides, Master did say they weren't meant for each other.

"Thanks," Taurus said. "Marine Aquatic Museum is just a few steps away, right?"

"Right," I said. The three of us walked slowly, each step sure. Someone could be watching us, the captors of Scorpio, by chance. If he was captured, though.

~~~

The museum was ghost quiet. You could hear our heavy breathing and even the steps we took. I could feel the tension of the atmosphere as we put one foot after another in the museum.

Marine Aquatic Museum, since it was an aquarium, had no light switches. It was all dark, and only the fish tanks glowed. There was one room here, though, that used lamps to light up the room. But that was to be careful not to step on the turtles.

"Scorpio?" Taurus called out. A silhouette appeared behind a pillar. Before it emerged, I could see a faint dark blue glow appear. It was mesmerizing, and somewhat familiar. Guess who it was?

"Taurus, Pisces, Libra?" Sure enough, Scorpio was standing right in front of us. I could see Taurus' huge smile and glimmering eyes. She knew better than to hug the boy, though.

"We're glad you're safe," I sighed in relief. "But why were you gone for more than a day?"

"I'm... not that sure as well. How long was I gone?" Scorpio asked, completely oblivious of what happened.

"Are you serious? You didn't notice the time that passed by while you were away? Don't tell me you don't at least remember you were supposed to come back?" Taurus asked all in a rush I couldn't even make out some of the words she said. Scorpio shook his head and sighed. "Why are you so worried anyway? Come on, let's go back to the house, then."

"Is it an impostor?" I whispered worriedly. Taurus laughed, "No, that's Scorpio, all right. See how he shifts his weight on one leg when standing, and how his eyes have a tiny gleam of light on the corner of his iris?"

"You're starting to sound like you've known him all your life," I commented, chuckling as well.

"That's because I have," Taurus beamed proudly. Within a moment, she was gone and clinging onto Scorpio again, the two of them arguing until they reached the house. For a second there, I almost forgot of Libra.

Up until she spoke, that is. "It's so great the two of them are close to each other," she said. I knew where this was going. I looked at her sympathetically. "Are you alright?" I asked. "Of course," Libra said, her voice shaky. "Just a bit... jealous, I guess. But it is fair. The two of them were close ever since before."

Fairness is all this girl ever thought about, never taking risks, never thinking of herself. She didn't even think of her own future, if she would ever end up with Capricorn, or if she would actually get caught while stealing the items. She started tearing up. She was probably overwhelmed by her own jealousy, but I decided to keep quiet.

The innocent girl had kept to herself too much. I wrapped my arms around her and tried to comfort her as she wept quietly.