In which the cool kid asks to come over

Your name is John Egbert, and it's 8th period English. You've been in the advanced English class for quite some time, and Gog is it boring.

You're just staring off into space, what else is there to do? You suppose you could actually listen to Mrs. Richardson's review on analyzing paired texts, but common', who actually does that?

Instead, you decide to see if TG's online.

-ectoBiologist began pestering turntechGodhead at 15:47-

EB: Hey man, haven't pestered you in awhile..

TG: oh, sup man

TG: just chillin in my 8th period class

TG: you?

EB: Same!!

EB: So I see Mr. Coolkid is at his new school? :B

TG: yea man, pretty cool here I guess

EB: So, I met this kid at my school recently!

TG: oh

TG: is he as fabulous as this Godhead ass?

EB: Haha nah man, he's kinda mysterious but he has a sense of humor like yours!

TG: gasp

TG: is this man taking my ecto away

TG: my beloved

TG: how could you..?

EB: Haha, no homo man :B

TG: says the homo

EB: Shut up!

TG: shit the bells gonna ring soon

TG: teachers eyein me suspiciously

TG: see ya man

EB: See ya!

-turntechGodhead ceased pestering ectoBiologist at 15:58-

You give a half witted sigh, resting your head on the desk. This was probably the most uneventful day you've had in awhile.. That is until you see Dave waiting for you at the door, the bell was about to ring, and he seemed to be annoyed that Mrs. Richardson was rambling on.

You sign -hey- to him and the bell rings. You immediately get up, and head for the door.

-Took you long enough man-

"Mrs. Richardson likes holding the kids back until the bell! Not my fault!" You reply, glaring back into the classroom. "Why were you waiting?"

-I was wondering if I could come over.- He signed, -My bro's at a Gig and he's the only one with keys right now.-

"Oh! Uh, sure! I don't think my Dad would mind if you came over.." You gave a big, goofy, buck-toothed grin, and he smirks in reply. "I must warn you though.." my tone became very low and serious. "my dad have a weird thing for clowns and baking. If you see cake in the toilet or some shit, don't be alarmed."

He just widens his smirk into a smile for once, and keeps it like that for a split second before reverting back to his strider-smirk, as you've nicknamed it, -Thanks man- he signs as you both exit the building.

As you and Dave walk, you start to wonder.. Why did he wear shades all the time?

"Dave?" You start, this was probably really risky and bold.

He looks back at you, tilting his head to the side by a slight degree. -What?-

"Why do you wear those shades all the time..?" When you see the frown forming upon his lips, and when he slowed down from a stride, you almost instantly regret asking.

-No big reason.. I just like to wear shades is all.- He slowly form each word, trying to process his next sentence. -My friend gave me these shades..-

Now its your turn to pause. "Your friend gave you those shades?" Either Dave had received shades that looked a lot like the the one you sent TG from a friend, or this was TG.

You fumble with your phone, pulling up pesterchum.

-ectoBiologist began pestering turntechGodhead at 16:26-

EB: Uh

EB: I just wanted to test something...

You looked up to Dave, and his phone buzzes with the familiar pesterchum sound. Your eyes widen. It could just be a coincidence that Dave's Pesterchum acted up.. Have you been hanging out with your best friend this entire time?

TG: yo dude

TG: whacha testing

Your phone is the one acting up now, as soon as Dave had apparently been done texting you..

EB: Oh My Gog..

TG: what?

EB: Look up from your phone dumbass.

Dave looks up, staring at me.

TG: Yea? Its just my friend I'm walking home with.

EB: Oh my Gog Dave your just as dense as the kids who don't know ASL

TG: ..

TG: oh my gog

TG: john is this you

EB: And the penny drops.

You can tell Dave's eyes widen. "Can't believe I've been hanging out with my best bro the entire time." You mutter, mentally face-palming yourself.

-This entire time... I've know you for 7 years.- He actually face palms himself, either because we're both really dumb, or he's being ironic.. Somehow.

You both continue to your house in silence, questioning what exactly you were going to say when either of you were bold enough.