Extra Chapter: A happy little family

„This was such a magical evening", Niko whispers after he noticed that I've been looking at the photo of the proposal for a while now. „It was", I mumbled. „And you know what? This evening I told you I wanted you to be the mom of my children. And now, seven years later, this wish of mine is finally coming true. You will be the mother of my child", he says while placing his hand on my huge belly before he started to caress it. Finally, he said. You can definitely say finally. Not only because he seven years ago said that he wanted me to be the mom of his children but also because it took quite a while until I finally was pregnant.

It all started around two years ago. It was the morning after the release of a new song so we had spent the evening before celebrating the release and reading people's comments. As I got up before work, I was pretty tired but I currently had an internship going on and I had to be in the clinic on time. Thus, I somehow forced myself to get up and take a shower. Niko was so kind to get up, too, and prepare some breakfast while I was getting dressed so that I didn't need to hurry up too much. I could truly be lucky to have such a supportive husband!

After having breakfast, I wanted to take the pill just like every morning bit then I noticed something. „Fuck!" „What happened?", Niko asked worried and came to me to hug me from behind. „I forgot to take the pill yesterday, again. This is the third time this month! I've been taking it for like five years now, why do I suddenly keep forgetting that?", if I hadn't been fully awake before, I now was. And this morning definitely didn't start good at all.

„Oh", Niko just said before he thought about what else to say. „But... Would it really be that bad?", he them quietly asked and turned me around in his arms. „Of course it is!", I tried to stay calm but I definitely failed. „Niko, if I don't take it every day, it is not a safe protection! And you know the consequences of not being on birth control!" „Yes, I know them. But I repeat myself: Would it really be that bad?", he looked at me insistently. „You mean...", I whispered and only now I moved my gaze from his chest to his eyes.

„...having a baby, yes. Sofia, we always said we wanted to have children and at least from my point of view, we aren't too young anymore. You graduated from university and you already have a job that starts immediately after the internship; the band brings in quite a lot of money, too, so we have a fixed income. I don't want to put any pressure on you and I really don't want you to do anything this important when you are not a hundred percent sure whether you really want it but I don't think the perfect point of time exists. I personally feel ready to be a dad, if you told me today that you were pregnant, I wouldn't think about not keeping the child for a second. I'd be incredibly happy from the second you tell me."

„Are you sure?", I whispered. Of course we had talked about eventually having kids and being a real family but I never thought about that again and I never thought about when to start with it. But he was right, we wanted to have kids and objectively, there was no argument against getting pregnant now. „I am. Sofia, I love you and I want us to be a family. But if you want to wait, that is totally fine, too. I just wanna say that I feel grown up enough to become a dad."

„Let me think about it, okay? We don't have the time to talk about it now, anyway, because I don't wanna be late", I mumbled, still not sure what to think about his suggestion. „Of course. Take as much time as you need", he softy kissed me while cupping my face. „I love you, my darling. And make sure to drive carefully, okay? It's cold outside so the streets could be covered with ice", he said before he then changed his mind. „You know what? I'll just drive you there, I need to go grocery shopping anyway."

As Niko had offered me, I took my time to think about whether I wanted to have a baby soon or not. I spent days and nights only wondering what I wanted and some evenings, we also talked about it together. He didn't put any pressure on me or told me that he truly wanted a child with me now. Instead, we talked about all my worries and if they were necessary or if those problems that could appear could be solved. And after around three weeks, I had decided to not take the pill anymore and if I became pregnant, it was fine, but if not, it was fine, too.