Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Erin: Born into bad news

"You are stronger than anything life throws your way."

- Brooke Davis

Her life might have ended at the age of 15 if Detective Henry Voight hadn't found her, hadn't saved her life.

Her childhood was not a normal childhood. What kind of child has to take care of a 5 year old baby? Who has to go down a creepy alley to get a package at 7? Who has to save the drugged mom's life when you're only 9 years old and your mom is triple her size? That at 10 her mother is too drugged to defend her from the abuse she suffered from the millionth boyfriend her mother took home? That at 11 she starts stealing to get food? That at 12 she is arrested twice? That at 13 he starts taking drugs and selling his body?

From a young age she had to survive. She had few happy moments in childhood, sometimes what was supposed to be a good day turned into a nightmare. She suffered a lot at the hands of those who should care, protect and give her security, suffered at the hands of those who promised to care and protect her, at the hands of those who swore to be her friend and swore to love her and disgusting and disgusting men.

Her mother introduced her to drugs and at first she refused, she didn't want to become her mother but she needed to be high to put up with those disgusting men putting their hands on her. Living with Charlie Pugliese after her mother disappeared seemed like a dream at first and she thought it would be the best thing that had ever happened in her life, but it got worse and at only 15 years old she had already been abused physically, verbally, sexually and emotionally. , with only 15, she was already selling her own body to survive, to keep the house warm and to have food, she found herself 'in love' with a man 10 years her senior, but at that time she didn't know what love was, what it was to be loved and she never thought she would know.

Becoming an informant was good, it was scary, because if they found out, she'd be dead, but the money was good, she'd rather be with nasty men who liked to abuse vulnerable children and teenagers.

Erin Lindsay, never thought that her life would be different from the one she was living, that she would be loved as a daughter deserves to be loved, that she would no longer have to struggle to have food at home and a warm house in the winter, but Officer Henry (who learned to call him Hank) Voight saved her, if not for him, she would have died or had an exemplary fate to that of Barbara Fletcher, her mother. Having a shotgun pointed at her face isn't cool.

Bunny (her mother's nickname, and well, it wasn't surprising given how much of a guy she was always "jumping" around), disappeared and didn't even care about her, but Erin was on the mend, detoxing.

She went to live with the policeman, got new and very beautiful clothes, for the life she had, she never thought she would finish high school, let alone a private school. At first it wasn't good to lose her 'friends' and be mocked when they found out her true story, she wanted to assault them all, but she couldn't let Camille and Hank down. She never said it out loud but she considered them her parents, she didn't call them dad and mom but they were like they were and when Camille said she wanted her to be a Voight on paper her world couldn't be better unfortunately Bunny never authorized it, but Camille sat with her on her bedroom floor and said 'to me you will always be a Voight'.

Life was very good after moving into the Voight's residence, she had parents, a brother and hoped that Teddy had been as lucky as her. She had a room of her own, it was a huge room (at least for her), she never thought she'd have one, never came close to drugs again, Camille took her to girls' day a few times, they had family dinner every time that Voight was home, they took family trips, she received gifts for Christmas. Her late teens felt like a dream come true, she felt like a lucky girl and wouldn't ask for more than that. Camille said he loved her, Justin accepted her home and she owed it all to Voight, he gave her a family. He was her inspiration. He taught her to drive and she decided to become a police officer and be able to do the same thing Voight did for the city.