Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Reform

"Being an adult is being on a carousel that never stop spinning. You can't go down."

- Grey's Anatomy

Erin was tired, she wanted to get home and sleep, but Charlotte had other plans and they all involved her mother awake. As soon as Jay left them, the girl's sleep was gone and she didn't want to sleep at all. The future lieutenant of district 21 would have a very tiring day.

- Good morning! - says the excited detective as soon as Lindsay opens the door.

- Jayyy... - the girl runs into the arms of the excited man, but it is clear that her energy is already running out.

- Well, at least it's a good day for someone... - Lindsay says letting Jay in as soon as he pulls the girl into his arms.

- Hey princess.. how did you sleep? - he asks, temporarily ignoring Erin, but still curious about what happened after he left them.

- Very well...

- She didn't sleep. - Erin replies.

- Yes, I slept, mommy... in the car. - It says as if it were necessary.

- Have you been awake since 3 a.m.? - Jay turns to Erin shocked.

One thing was Charlotte sleeping in the car and she's really rested, another thing was Erin who, in addition to being active in the move, shared the steering wheel with Jay and that's tiring and a lot, she was really exhausted.

- Someone decided that dawn is very cool to do a thousand and one things... - no matter how tired, Erin is not angry with her daughter, she knows that Charlotte is just a child and her mother's complicated life had been totally changing her routine, so she knew that if she was going to blame someone, the three-year-old girl would be the last on the list.

- Why didn't you call me? - Jay says as if it were Erin's duty, but he doesn't expect an answer, which was good because, probably, what Erin would say would make him upset, but he continued. - Let's do the following, I came earlier to help with whatever you needed before we leave this little monster here at the daycare and go to work, go to sleep and I'll take care of everything else. At least you can do it at least... - he passes the girl to the other arm and raises his wrist to check the time on the watch. - A little more than 1 hour of sleep and only worries about getting ready for the day.

- Jay, you don't nee...

- I know you don't want to bother me and you're not! I wouldn't even offer it if we didn't have time, but we have and I know that the moment you lie down in that bed you will sleep instantly, so enjoy the minutes you intend to spend refusing my offer and I would spend trying to convince you, sleeping as much as possible, me and my little monster will organize everything, right? - he jumps the girl in his arms who smiles and nods a yes.

- I will, but don't hesitate to call me if you need anything. - Erin says and goes up when Jay pushes her towards the stairs. None of them noticing the possessive pronoun "mine" being used by man.

- Didn't you let your mommy sleep? - he asks when they are alone and she answers by shaking her head and laughing. - but now are you going to leave it right? - now she nods with a smile. - So, how about we prepare a super special breakfast for you and mom on the first day at the daycare and at work?

Linstead - Alwaysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें