Chapter 55

On a late autumn night, just after a light rain, the streets were scented with wet leaves.

    The dense woods isolate the downtown area not far away, the street lights are on, and through the tree-lined path in the middle, a classical and magnificent Chinese-style courtyard building comes into view.

    In the hall on the first floor, Zhai Siluo finished packing up the items in the last cardboard box. He was so tired that he leaned back and collapsed on the mahogany sofa.

    The big house still has the disadvantage of being a big house. It takes a long time to walk from the first floor to the bedroom, and there is no elevator. It is very troublesome to go back and forth.

    Shen Zhuoli made him a cup of tea and squeezed his shoulder for him. He originally wanted the housekeeper and servants to do these things, but Zhai Siluo especially treasured the things in his box, and had to do it himself, he had to let him go.

    "What about Xiao Jiu, why didn't you see him?Zhai Siluo leaned on Shen Zhuoli's shoulder and let him massage himself in a relaxed manner.

    "He was playing in the yard, and there came a three-colored cat."

    "Oh, there will be more playmates for Xiao Jiu who move to your place. It is estimated that he will not be home all day."

    Zhai Siluo suddenly thought of something, sat up, and looked at Shen Zhuoli expectantly.

    "Anyway, you all know that I liked you before, so can you show me the pictures of you when you were young?"

    He really wanted to know what kind of life the boy lived during the years he missed Shen Zhuoli.

    Shen Zhuoli was playing with his short black hair, and when he heard this request, he frowned slightly and was a little embarrassed.

    "I don't have any old photos, and I didn't like to take pictures before. I'm going to disappoint you."

    "What about junior high school graduation photos and high school graduation photos, right?"

.Shen Zhuoli thought about it carefully. When he was in elementary school and junior high school, he frequently transferred schools, and he didn't have a deep relationship with his classmates. He didn't seem to keep his graduation photos, but he had been in the same school for three years in high school, which was relatively stable. He vaguely remembered where in the study it seemed. There is a high school photo album.

    He asked Zhai Siluo to wait and went to the study to find it. After a while, he really found the album with the dark blue cover, which contained group photos of teachers and students from each class of senior three. The first photo was the group photo of class one of senior three.

    Holding the album, Zhai Siluo recognized Shen Zhuoli in the crowd at first glance. There is no other reason, it is really because the young man's facial features are too amazing, plus he is tall, even if he is standing in the back row, he still attracts people's attention at a glance.

    "Everyone else smiles when they take their graduation photos, why don't you smile?" .Zhai Siluo stroked the slightly gloomy boy in the photo, and couldn't help feeling a little distressed.

    Shen Zhuoli looked at the photo and recalled some past events.

    "In those days...the Shen family came over and said they wanted to take me back."

    At that time, my mother was seriously ill, and my stepfather's job was so meager that he couldn't pay the high medical expenses, so he was looking for people to borrow money everywhere. The Shen family took this opportunity and said that as long as he went back to recognize his ancestors, he would be able to give money to cure his mother.