29.

"i will not be on bed rest,"

el was on bed rest.

after she got discharged from the hospital, mike took her back to his house, taking all of her stuff there just to keep her on the bed.

he said he didn't want her stitches to tear but she thought she was fine enough to walk.

"mike!" she screamed for his name and seconds later he bursted through the door. "what?" he asked breathlessly, "are you okay? did you—"

she cut him off with a fit of giggles, "i was getting a little bored. do you any snacks as well? i really want some cornflakes right now,"

"you want cornflakes? babe, i can get you anything in the world, doesn't have to be cornflakes," he walked over to the bed, holding her leg from under the blanket.

"but i want cornflakes," she shrugged then opened her arms, "and a nice big hug from the devil,

he quickly wrapped his arms around her but carefully so he wouldn't hurt her. "there you go, honey,"

she sunk into his grasp, sighing as she felt his large arms wrap around her small body.

he smiled, kissing her hair, "how about we go water your plants,"

"my plants? they're back at—"

"no, i brought them here for you,"

she narrowed her eyes, "you got me my whole garden? here? what..?" she pulled back in extreme confusion.

"yes." he nodded then sat down on the bed. "i may have moved everything here,"

"why?"

he looked up to meet her eyes, "because i want you to move in with me."

she almost chocked on her own spit. "come again?"

"i want you to move in with me, el. i'm sorry i made the decision myself but— i just wanted you to be here with me." he told her, "sorry, is that too quick?"

she smiled widely, "we almost died together, we might as well get married tomorrow," she joked.

"i wouldn't decline," he smirked which made her turn red.

"it's not too fast," she assured, "perhaps maybe a little but i just think i'm not that used to people taking care of me that much.." she trailed off, "i'm happy though,"

"thank fucking god," he leaned his head down and pressed his forehead to hers, "i thought you might just run off,"

she laughed and played with the curls on the back of his head. "do i still have time for that?"

"nah, not even a little second, honey," he goes to kiss her lips and she goes to hold his hand under the blankets.

♥︎

"you're okay," mike whispered as el got her stitches taken out, "doing so good, honey," he reassured, kissing her hand then her cheek.

she whimpered quietly, squeezing onto his hand before sighing at the relief of the pain ending.

"all done," the doctor smiled as mike went to hug el quickly, "did so good, honey, see all done now."

"i know," she mumbled, "stop treating me like a baby,"

he chuckled under his breath and helped pull down her sweater once he saw the bandage get placed on.

"let's get you home now," mike helped el up as she clung onto him, "pebbles and bubbles miss you," he whispered in her ear which made her smile.

"i know," she said just as he took her out of the hospital room and led her to the elevators to go back home.

the ride home was quick and they even stopped for some food first before they headed home.

el insisted that she stopped by the office first to grab some files she needed but mike didn't allow her to do so because he said she needed some rest from work.

"oh my jesus," el jumped once mike opened the door and saw a puppy run up to her. "what the hell is this?"

the white and black fluff ball barked in response.

mike groaned and kneeled to pick up the husky, "fuck, this little shit wasn't supposed to be here yet."

"huh?"

"this is my puppy," he said, "i got him a few weeks back but he was in training for pooping everywhere. you're not scared of them, right?"

"no.." she broke out into a wide smile, "i love them!" she exclaimed, "it just caught me off guard, i thought it broke into your house, is all," she laughed and went to take the puppy from out of his arms.

"hi, sweetie, what's your name?" she kissed his face as mike grinned at the sight, "no name. i called him fucker and shit face for pooping everywhere. you can name him if you like,"

she giggled in excitement as he licked her neck, "oh god, what should i name you? what about sailor?"

"sailor?" he repeated.

"it literally just popped into my head," she laughed, "so can we?"

he nodded and sighed, "sure whatever."

she grinned and set sailor down, "sail away, baby!" she exclaimed happily as sailor ran around in circles excitingly.

"i think he likes it, mr wheeler," she turned to give him a teasing smile.

he groaned under his breath, "you are seriously trying to kill me."

she smiled and leaned down to give sailor a pat, "let's go for a little run outside," she began to walk and somehow, sailor followed happily, jumping up and down as he reached outside.

"hey, careful," mike warned by the sliding door as he watched el run.

"oh shush," she mumbled and allowed sailor to chase her.

shaking his head, mike leaned against the frame of the door and crossed his arms as he watched them.

"ah man, you caught me," el huffed as sailor bit down on her pants, "now you get a hug attack!" she hugged him tightly and kissed his nose as he howled.

"aw yes, you love those kisses, huh?" el scratched behind his ear as mike grunted something. "i don't see you kissing me like that,"

she walked over to him with sailor cuddled into her hold like a small baby. she stood up on her top toes and kissed his lips over and over again till he smiled. "thank you, honey,"

she smiled and looked down to sailor who she rocked in her arms. "it's like a little baby..." she whispered quietly and leaned down to kiss the top of his head.

sailor barked softly and closed his eyes from the kiss which made her smile softly.

"he is a baby," mike said. "a very naughty one,"

she snuggled him closer then went to lean against mike who wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"i like this,"

"the view?" he asked.

she shrugged. "just this. us standing here, watching this garden and the clear sky holding such a little tiny baby.." she held back the urge to cry when she said the last bit.

he cupped her chin and tilted her head up, "i'll give this to you everyday, honey, just ask. we can do this every morning, every afternoon, every night. you just gotta ask and i'll give it to you,"

she looked down then back up with glassy eyes, "thank you,"

he leaned down to her head then whispered, "what can i say, the devil can grant wishes."

"i wish he could grant the impossible though,"

he smirked, "tell me and we will decide what is possible, honey,"