15.

when el arrived at his place, he had no idea why he was so mad.

she had never seen him this pissed off, and somehow his favourite dish didn't cool him off.

she was his human punching bag and she had never felt it be this worse before.

it was worse than the time she was met with the bat for the very first time.

at times like this was when she yelled at herself for not ending it before it got this worse. but when the moment passes, she always thanked herself for not being so stupid.

she just wanted the moment to fucking end.

"you always ruin every single fucking thing!" she heard him scream and he held the back of her shirt and swung her across the apartment, making her land by the front door.

"gone! i want you fucking gone!" he began to throw objects at her. sharp objects too.

she dropped down on her knees, trying her best to dodge the items before she grabbed her bag and scrambled out of the apartment all wounded.

tears streamed down her face during her walk home, she scolded herself for being so dumb and trusting someone like him years ago.

she couldn't believe how fucking dumb she was.

when she arrived back at hoppers cabin, she could only let out sobs of pain. the reflection in the mirror terrified her.

the blood soaking her skin frightened her more.

she couldn't stand to look at herself. she didn't want to clean herself up, but she did anyways.

by the time she was finished, it was already extremely late for her. some particular wounds were still not cleaned yet, but she just didn't have the energy to do it.

she laid down on her bed, a tired sigh escaping her as she tried her best to drown away the pain.

but when she was drifting asleep, she began to smell something.

her eyebrows furrowed as she stood up and walked out of her room, wondering what that unordinary smell was.

and then she looked out the window and saw the dark smoke coming out from the woods. before she could even react, one of the walls lit up and she jolted back in fear.

everything started to feel so hot and she quickly rushed to her room to grab the picture frame on the nightstand, the wallet hopper stayed up nights to make and to gift her and the two most important pieces of jewellery.

when she hugged everything, she ran back out of her room and stared at the drawings on the wall. she had no hands but she wanted to take them.

then she ran to her front door and went to unlock it but it wouldn't budge.

no.

she slammed on the steaming hot door as she cried. "let me out!" she screamed loudly, trying to bang it open but it wouldn't budge so she went back to her room and tried to open her window.

there was smoke everywhere. it felt so hard to breathe.

the window was locked too and she couldn't even lock it from the inside.

it was stuck by something and she knew that probably every window was too.

dropping down to the burning hot floor, she just hugged her belongings and cried.

if she was going to die, she'll die like this. holding her favourite things.

♥︎