17.

"how do you like it?" mike asked, leaning back against the kitchen island.

"jesus fuck, you scared me," el jumped as she walked in, "you just stood there waiting?"

he nodded. "how was the night?"

"fine," she responded, "okay," she said, walking over to the fridge.

his eyes moved with her figure, watching her loose tank top and shorts as she walked.

"oh, i typed up a draft last night. did you see?" she asked, turning around with some milk and cereal in hand.

"i did. sent at 4am. what in the world were you doing?" he asked, crossing his arms as she hummed and sat down. "i was tired at first, then i couldn't sleep. i think i just wasn't used to the new environment," she said and just as she was about to pour the cereal, he stopped her.

"that maids will make you something better,"

"but i'm not hungry,"

he narrowed his eyes. "you are eating a nice fucking breakfast, 'kay?"

"you could be a little nicer when you force someone do something," she murmured as he took the food away.

"then what's the point?" he remarked as he called someone in, "make her something nice. i want her looking alive for once,"

"ouch," el whispered as mike looked over at her. "i'm assuming you like the place enough to stay,"

"well yes, but i'll feel better if i pay rent." she said, "minus it from my salary?"

"sure, a hundred a month. sound good?"

"what—"

"it's settled then," he stood up straighter, grabbing his suit jacket and putting it on as her mouth dropped open in shock.

"i didn't agree," she said as he smirked and walked up to her, leaning down to her ear. "like the pyjamas, honey. doesn't beat that lingerie set though," he chuckled quietly as she flushed red and covered herself with the cardigan she had on.

"asshole," she muttered as he walked away.

when she saw him turn, she corrected herself, "i mean, sir."

he grunted something then walked out, leaving her smiling, knowing she was provoking him.

♥︎

"relevé, el!" ms kristina yelled as el held onto the bar and did so.

kristina sighed, "class over. el stay behind,"

el nodded slowly, fixing the ballet jacket she had on before she walked over to her teacher when everyone had left.

"el, i am very glad that you are now back but you are falling behind. what happened to you? you did so well before," kristina said.

"i know," el only said, "i'm trying. i can come in earlier now, i'll take more lessons,"

kristina nodded. "el, you're one of my best students and i hate seeing you turn into something like this. i'm not trying to yell at you on purpose, you know that, right?"

"of course,"

"there's a show coming up, swan lake, if you're lucky.. you might just be the lead," she whispered then smiled and wink, "but it's on you, el. this isn't your full potential,"

el smiled and nodded, "i'll work harder. promise,"

"good," kristina nodded, "i'll see you tomorrow then," she walked off as el waved her goodbye.