2.

when el arrived at the apartment that morning and knocked countless of times without getting a reply, she knew she would be in deep shit later that night.

though it wasn't her fault that she had to leave the food on his doorstep, he would make it hers.

"el," someone called on her as she walked in tiredly.

"hm?" she hummed, turning around. "sorry, am i late?" she asked.

lucas shook his head, "you look tired as hell. the girls are in the locker room already so you can go in there."

she grunted in response and walked in to her locker. stuffing everything in, she pulled out her outfit and sat down on the couch instead.

she didn't have an act till late afternoon and that night so she honestly was just here to serve some drinks and to earn some tips.

she watched as the group of girls walk out, probably to do a group act together since el was never invited to do that.

she knew that they were just jealous that she earned more than them, even with her salary being less but she couldn't give a flying fuck.

if they were going to be jealous, be fucking jealous. it wasn't her fault people liked her more.

"aren't you gonna go get your snacks?" lucas asked by the door, knowing no one was changing. "i see yours on the table, did claire not grab yours today?"

the perks of working at the club was that they handed out free snacks for everyone. the bad thing was that the other girls always took el's and ticked her name off as if she took hers herself.

"i'll be fine today," el lied.

she didn't want the snacks anyways.

he nodded then walked away as el went to lay down. all she wanted was a break, she just wanted a fucking break for once.

♥︎

"you need new pointe shoes, el," lacey pointed out as el fixed her shoes.

"i know," she agreed quietly.

but with what money? she was barely surviving each day and everything just costed so much.

class had already ended by the time el made it so lacey decided to stay behind to tell and teach el what they learnt that lesson.

she had to leave soon anyways since it was now late evening and that left el to practice on her own in the studio for a bit before going to make dinner.

her toes felt numb with her broken toe pads but she couldn't blame anyone. she just wouldn't buy new ones.

she felt happy she was finally alone here though. she felt free in this studio, no one could control her and force her to do something she wouldn't want to do.

she knew her pirouettes were sloppy, it's been a while since she had got a lesson due to her schedule but she needed to practice and practice.

she wore tights that covered her legs so no one could see, and she always wore a tight jacket over her leotard to cover her arms.

the only thing that needed covering was her neck area and that was enough.

the thing about being at the club and working there was that men didn't care about your wounds. they see, they ignore it. you have your fucking tits out and that's all they can focus on.

yet still, she felt the need to cover them just in case she gets fired for ruining the clubs image.

she also can't walk around sick either.