8 - Realm of the Mad God

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): You're a godsend.

Yukari: Well, we're all set.

...Yukari set up an entire goddamn feast without you even noticing.

(Y/N): Are you for real?

Yukari: Yes. And...

Yukari hands you a basket.

(Y/N): Infinite food basket?

Yukari: Mhm.

Kiki: Well, if that's all... Goodbye.

Shisutemu: And good luck!

?: HEY!

The ground behind you all cracks, and you look behind you, seeing Shinjin in front of the portal stairs back to the forge. Huh, her right wing's green now.

Shinjin: Did you forget about me?!

(Y/N): Oh hey, Shinjin! Great timing!

Shinjin blitzes over to you.

Shinjin: Don't 'great timing' me! You were about to enter a dungeon without me!

(Y/N): For all intents and purposes, I did want to do this solo. These new dungeon formats are based on Outside World videogames that were very important to me. I'm just reliving some old memories.

Shinjin: Aww... okay.

(Y/N): You can watch though. Wait, actually, it would be nice playing with an actual person, and I don't want you to fall behind, so... you can come along.

Shinijin: Eee!

You and Shinjin enter the portal, and fall from the sky...into the Realm of Oryx, the Mad God.

[BGM: Realm of the Mad God Legacy - Main Theme]

(Y/N): Ahh, nostalgia.

You direct yourself toward the forest, do a couple of frontflips, and land on your feet with a boom, creating a small crater. Thus catching the attention of many small creatures, including elves and dwarves. 

(Y/N): Alright, small fry, come at me.

You dodge an incoming fireball and fire a Magic Bullet back, killing the dwarf that attacked you. You shoot down the others, and the king.

[127 XP]

(Y/N): Huh, not a bad source of XP. Though these guys are going down in one hit. 

Yukari: You're far above what should be the maximum level for this world, so that's a given. You're better off sticking to the Highlands and Mountains.

(Y/N): Or I could hunt down the Heroes of Oryx.

Shinjin: "Heroes" of Oryx?

(Y/N): Yeah, to him and his goons. Not literally everything else.

Kiki: Yeah, that too.

Oryx: You fools! You really think this lowly human will fell me?! My forest of 8 Ent Ancients is all the protection I need!

Shisutemu: Huh, he's here too...

(Y/N): Slay 'em?

Kiki: Yep.

Yukari: Mhm~

Shinjin: N-No! I thought killing was forbidden!

(Y/N): That's a Gensokyo-only rule, and besides, this guy's a total slimeball. Pure evil.