8 - Realm of the Mad God

One very special day, in the Mountain Forge of operations... Having taken it easy for a while, you decide to finally put this to the test.

You, Shisu, Kiki, and the Yakumos are facing a portal.

Yukari: Ah, so while we can enter the Nexus, we can't enter the Realms...though we can still observe and speak to you from above.

(Y/N): Kinda like watching a TV series. Go grab your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and more breakfast now... this is gonna take a while.

Ran: Well, good luck... We'll be watching.

Ran turns over to Yukari.

Ran: What's his deal again? The main one?

Yukari: Eastern Dream. He gains the abilities of friends and defeated foes.

Chen: Wait, that means-!

(Y/N): No, it doesn't. Yukari can block it. And only Yukari at that. But considering everything else I've got... I don't need Yukari's powers.

Yukari: Much like you're not overly reliant on the maid's time powers.

(Y/N): Hey, are the puppets allowed?

Ari pops out of the puppet bag.

Ari: Good question. Are we?

Kiki: His Stand's barred and you're not getting starter equipment from the game itself, so I don't see why not. Not to say you can't find equipment, you just don't start out with any. Neither do your dolls, Ari. That doesn't mean abuse Kyoukai's abilities.

Kyoukai pops out of the puppet bag, surprising Ran and terrifying Chen.

Kyoukai: Twas I mentioned?

Chen: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Chen clings to Ran.

Chen: He had a baby with Yukari-sama!

(Y/N): I did NO such thing!

Yukari: It's just a puppet in my likeness, Chen.

Ran looks to Yukari.

Kyoukai: What? She gave consent.

Ran's eyes narrow.

Ran: Excuse me?

Yukari: Not in that way, Ran.

(Y/N): Don't take that out of context. 

Kyoukai shrugs.

(Y/N): Get back in there, you!

You push Kyoukai back down into the bag.

(Y/N): And you're not coming outta there for a hot 1 hour!

You look at Yukari.

(Y/N): About that... Why'd you give me your mob cap, knowing full well what it meant?

Yukari smiles at you.

Yukari: ...Because I can trust you now. At least somewhat. Partly. A litt-le.

(Y/N): ...You have no idea how much that means to me.

Yukari: Don't go dying on me.

(Y/N): I don't intend to.

You do some stretches.

(Y/N): I'll try to be quick, since it'd warn the others something's up if I'm gone for days...

Kiki: Hyperbolic Time~Chambeeeeer! Also, I'll warn you if anything's happening, so you can return. And remember, you can jump back to the Nexus at any time.